ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Famous customers.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re:

Post by arnold cheshire »

johno47 wrote:When i was a milkman i used to deliver to Gordon Banks, Dennis Smith and Ray Reardon, but as a postman the same as Tommymac only Robbie Williams a few times.
ive got ray reardons son on my packets and jimmy greenhoff is a customer in our office
managerssuck
Posts: 3
Joined: 24 Apr 2011, 19:48
Gender: Female

Re:

Post by managerssuck »

johnnyp wrote:Christine Keeler lived on a walk i used to do a few years back.For you youngsters out there she was knobing a government minister(PROFUMO) and a russian spy at the same time,it caused quite a stir back in the 1960s and may have even bought the then tory government down.She let herself go as she got older and the last i heard she died a couple of years ago.The missus once saw ROBERT PLANT (so she says) walking down clapham park road about 15 years ago.

She aint gone yet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Keeler" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bossyb
Posts: 41
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 08:38
Gender: Male

Re: Famous customers.

Post by bossyb »

When i was working for parcel force i used to deliver to Derek Fowlds (basil brush,heartbeat etc) but better than that was Melinda Messinger who was a very nice person as well as being a bit of a babe :wink: :wink:
Captain Scarlet
Posts: 322
Joined: 02 Jul 2007, 15:23
Location: Fifer

Re: Famous customers.

Post by Captain Scarlet »

Old Gordon Brown PM was one of me old customers and Ian Banks the author :cuppa
silly suffolk
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 728
Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
Gender: Male
Location: deepest suffolk

Re: Famous customers.

Post by silly suffolk »

i left my 2nd bag in the porch of the man who did alf ramseys garden
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Famous customers.

Post by clashcityrocker »

silly suffolk wrote:i left my 2nd bag in the porch of the man who did alf ramseys garden
:Applause
That really puts an end to this thread.
I doubt if anyone can top that.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Famous customers.

Post by arnold cheshire »

clashcityrocker wrote:
silly suffolk wrote:i left my 2nd bag in the porch of the man who did alf ramseys garden
:Applause
That really puts an end to this thread.
I doubt if anyone can top that.
when i first started i delivered seeds to percy thrower the blue peter gardner
:nana
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 877
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
Gender: Female

Re: Famous customers.

Post by mazza111 »

Jack McConnell got a bit naffed with me for asking for ID when he was picking up a special delivery :dance I wouldn't have bothered but he was on his phone at the time and was rather rude at throwing the P739 at me
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Famous customers.

Post by smokerjim »

mazza111 wrote:Jack McConnell got a bit naffed with me for asking for ID when he was picking up a special delivery :dance I wouldn't have bothered but he was on his phone at the time and was rather rude at throwing the P739 at me
If only he'd said "Don't you know who I am?" the list of responses are endless :hmmmm :chuckle
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Famous customers.

Post by arnold cheshire »

mazza111 wrote:Jack McConnell got a bit naffed with me for asking for ID when he was picking up a special delivery :dance I wouldn't have bothered but he was on his phone at the time and was rather rude at throwing the P739 at me
whos jackmcconnell? :arrrghhh
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Famous customers.

Post by DGP1 »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
mazza111 wrote:Jack McConnell got a bit naffed with me for asking for ID when he was picking up a special delivery :dance I wouldn't have bothered but he was on his phone at the time and was rather rude at throwing the P739 at me
whos jackmcconnell? :arrrghhh
Yeah, who is he :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Famous customers.

Post by smokerjim »

DGP1 wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:
mazza111 wrote:Jack McConnell got a bit naffed with me for asking for ID when he was picking up a special delivery :dance I wouldn't have bothered but he was on his phone at the time and was rather rude at throwing the P739 at me
whos jackmcconnell? :arrrghhh
Yeah, who is he :nervous
Alec Salmond's predecessor as the Jock's head shed ( leader of the Scottish Parliment's Labour Party & former First Minister )
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Famous customers.

Post by DGP1 »

smokerjim wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:
mazza111 wrote:Jack McConnell got a bit naffed with me for asking for ID when he was picking up a special delivery :dance I wouldn't have bothered but he was on his phone at the time and was rather rude at throwing the P739 at me
whos jackmcconnell? :arrrghhh
Yeah, who is he :nervous
Alec Salmond's predecessor as the Jock's head shed ( leader of the Scottish Parliment's Labour Party & former First Minister )
I thought it was about 'famous' people :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Famous customers.

Post by smokerjim »

DGP1 wrote:
smokerjim wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:
mazza111 wrote:Jack McConnell got a bit naffed with me for asking for ID when he was picking up a special delivery :dance I wouldn't have bothered but he was on his phone at the time and was rather rude at throwing the P739 at me
whos jackmcconnell? :arrrghhh
Yeah, who is he :nervous
Alec Salmond's predecessor as the Jock's head shed ( leader of the Scottish Parliment's Labour Party & former First Minister )
I thought it was about 'famous' people :chuckle :chuckle
Well, I'm no Sweaty and I know who he is ( ok, I tend to keep an eye on UK politics.....but I couldn't tell you one thing he's done for Scotland, except that he led Labour to defeat against the SNP :hmmmm )
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Famous customers.

Post by fishtank »

smokerjim wrote:
Well, I'm no Sweaty and I know who he is ( ok, I tend to keep an eye on UK politics.....but I couldn't tell you one thing he's done for Scotland, except that he led Labour to defeat against the SNP :hmmmm )
Smoking ban was his....smokerjim. :left:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share