Yes your so right,I’ve been here nearly 40 years and seen the business change and all that goes with that good or bad,and as a so called senior postman,well that counts for nothing,the way the office is run grinds my stomach and takes an effort to manage,the round I do and my customers are fantastic and will miss them ,but they’ve seen me struggling round and now want the best for me,the boss is embarrassed somewhat as to how much they think of me,from emails on good news stories the top brass wanted,for some news story,but that’s what we do,and in the same breath dishing out a stage 1 warning for absence due to my osteoarthritis in my hip and a view to have a hip replacement,I wish you well my friend,take careGeneral Mannerheim wrote: ↑19 Feb 2021, 17:17No worries Robert, thought it might come across as abrasive,if it has I'm sorry, but I've had yet another shitty day at work, I've always said i'd go when i turned 55 I have the cash saved and yet been having second thoughts until today, today was the straw that broke the camels back , i won't be talked to like that off some jumped up little twat who's younger than my two daughters , i guess when you've been here along time you really do get stuck in a rut and think that your respected or valuable to the company, your not and my health both physical and mental are more important than some shitty job.robbertwhitton wrote: ↑19 Feb 2021, 16:43Trust me I would leave,I do love my carp fishing,and the miss management in the office is so corrupt,and it certainly isn’t going to get any better,I have 3 more months on full pay and my hip operation due any minute as urgent,so will pull the trigger and go for I h r,thanks again for your help,you worded it exactly how I was thinking,stay safeGeneral Mannerheim wrote: ↑19 Feb 2021, 15:57I'd leave.
But you sound like your institutionalized and can't have a life/future outside of Royal Mail.
Give somebody else younger a job and go and do some fishing or whatever you like to do, your body is telling you, you've done enough for this shitty company and it will only get worse.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What would you do?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: What would you do?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: What would you do?
Sounds like you've made your mind up RW? For what it's worth I agree with Gen M and think IHR would be the way to go.
I would hang on for as much cash as I could though. We had an OLD Postie in a nearby DO that had been off sick for repeated long periods. Then one day he was gone. I asked a mate if he'd got IHR and he surprised me by saying, "No he just gave his notice in and left"!
You've put in the years (two careers really) hope you get a decent payout. But it is Health before Wealth mate. Good Luck.
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 23 Feb 2021, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: What would you do?
Thanks for the kind words my friend,it is a long time and don’t want to leave crippled and bitter just want to be fixed and enjoy lifeDorset Plodder wrote: ↑22 Feb 2021, 13:04
Sounds like you've made your mind up RW? For what it's worth I agree with Gen M and think IHR would be the way to go.
I would hang on for as much cash as I could though. We had an OLD Postie in a nearby DO that had been off sick for repeated long periods. Then one day he was gone. I asked a mate if he'd got IHR and he surprised by saying, "No he just gave his notice in and left"!
You've put in the years (two careers really) hope you get a decent payout. But it is Health before Wealth mate. Good Luck.![]()
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: What would you do?
robbertwhitton wrote: ↑22 Feb 2021, 14:20Thanks for the kind words my friend,it is a long time and don’t want to leave crippled and bitter just want to be fixed and enjoy lifeDorset Plodder wrote: ↑22 Feb 2021, 13:04
Sounds like you've made your mind up RW? For what it's worth I agree with Gen M and think IHR would be the way to go.
I would hang on for as much cash as I could though. We had an OLD Postie in a nearby DO that had been off sick for repeated long periods. Then one day he was gone. I asked a mate if he'd got IHR and he surprised by saying, "No he just gave his notice in and left"!
You've put in the years (two careers really) hope you get a decent payout. But it is Health before Wealth mate. Good Luck.![]()
Good luck robertwhitton!
I may not be long after you, despite being in the job for under 7 years. I've been dealing with an undiagnosed neurological condition since july last year, as yet still no diagnosis, no treatment or any idea when I'll get back to being well.