Blimey it's took you 35 yrs to figure it out. No offence intended.bishopoflove wrote: ↑24 Nov 2020, 20:36I'm 65 tomorrow, done over 35yrs. service, no consideration at all for us elderly chaps, I've reached a point now where I decide what I'm taking I refuse to be pushed into rushing round anymore, the managers always turn round and say well so and so can do it, true but he's 30yrs. younger, don't take his break and comes in early, so this is what I'm taking, the rest is yours to sort out.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Older posties
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Older posties
-
Sugar
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Older posties
In my old office they basically treated them like dirt and pretty much pushed a few to breaking point. Seen a number over the years walking as if they had broken glass in their shoes they were that battered. I knew one long server that beat them at an appeal over a conduct charge and the way they were treated was absolutely disgusting. Got given every single $hitty hilly heavy walk in an obvious attempt to force them out of the company either through IHR or sacking because of excessive time on sick. Thankfully EVR came round and they got out that way.robbertwhitton wrote: ↑24 Nov 2020, 13:39Just wanted to know how the older posties in delivery offices get treated? With all that age ware and tare takes its toll on your body,am currently off sick at the moment with osteoarthritis in my hip and a meniscus tare in my knee,oh and just got over Coronavirus,apart from that all good!, am 59 and done nearly 40 years hoping that a new hip and arthroscopic surgery on my knee will avoid ill health retirement and see my time out,but who knows,anyone else experiencing similar conditions,am gutted I won’t get my full xmas bonus this year,but am happy to get back to full fitness if it can be achieved.
This is the biggest problem with royal fail, you think they'd have the common sense to treat the workers properly and fairly. That way you retain skills and experience, cut the number of hours lost through ill health and wear and tear. And as an added bonus the amount of money spent on recruitment because so many end up broken or walk away from the job before it breaks them.
Penny wise pound foolish fits the company well.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Older posties
It’s a disgrace how some of the older staff are treated, constantly being picked on moved from their duty, harassed. There’s some who literally just hobble round, their bodies are broken.
I’m in a very very fortunate position in that I can afford to retire at 45 and I’ll be out of here then, there’s no way I’m lumping bags (or trolleys) of mail round into my 60s or even my 50s.
I’m in a very very fortunate position in that I can afford to retire at 45 and I’ll be out of here then, there’s no way I’m lumping bags (or trolleys) of mail round into my 60s or even my 50s.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Older posties
just a heads up,had a few visits to hospital last week a doctors referral,and now booked in for urgent hip replacement early January and then looking to operate after on my knee,so hopefully see me out to retirement,we will see how this caring outfit manage me sympathetically or not?.Edward Hunter wrote: ↑25 Nov 2020, 21:24Im 56, 35 years in and had a hip replacement 4 years ago and was back on a full delivery in about 5 months, and still going. So that part of your problem is fixable. Not sure about your knee, but pretty sure if you are still getting sick pay you will be getting the Christmas bonus. I got mine when i was off having my hip done. Good luck anyway.robbertwhitton wrote: ↑24 Nov 2020, 13:39Just wanted to know how the older posties in delivery offices get treated? With all that age ware and tare takes its toll on your body,am currently off sick at the moment with osteoarthritis in my hip and a meniscus tare in my knee,oh and just got over Coronavirus,apart from that all good!, am 59 and done nearly 40 years hoping that a new hip and arthroscopic surgery on my knee will avoid ill health retirement and see my time out,but who knows,anyone else experiencing similar conditions,am gutted I won’t get my full xmas bonus this year,but am happy to get back to full fitness if it can be achieved.
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Older posties
Finally left today! On the heaviest day I have ever witnessed with tons of mail left! A full trolley and 5 full bags Madness. But I loved it as it reassured me I had made the best decision of my life to leave. No EVR (which I was offered some years ago but it was withdrawn!) Not even any leaving gifts from anyone! But never expected that and freedom is the best gift I could have!
With the certain knowledge it can only get worse....
With the certain knowledge it can only get worse....
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Older posties
Well good luck and thanks for your service. Bet it is more than you got from the current management or should I say miss/management.fly-catchers wrote: ↑28 Nov 2020, 21:55Finally left today! On the heaviest day I have ever witnessed with tons of mail left! A full trolley and 5 full bags Madness. But I loved it as it reassured me I had made the best decision of my life to leave. No EVR (which I was offered some years ago but it was withdrawn!) Not even any leaving gifts from anyone! But never expected that and freedom is the best gift I could have!![]()
With the certain knowledge it can only get worse....
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Older posties
I wish you well my friend,people who have served a while in this job sadly get nothing from above,yet again Royal Mail hold your head in shame!!fly-catchers wrote: ↑28 Nov 2020, 21:55Finally left today! On the heaviest day I have ever witnessed with tons of mail left! A full trolley and 5 full bags Madness. But I loved it as it reassured me I had made the best decision of my life to leave. No EVR (which I was offered some years ago but it was withdrawn!) Not even any leaving gifts from anyone! But never expected that and freedom is the best gift I could have!![]()
With the certain knowledge it can only get worse....
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Older posties
Going out with a bang, like your style. Enjoy your freedom and new lease of life.fly-catchers wrote: ↑28 Nov 2020, 21:55Finally left today! On the heaviest day I have ever witnessed with tons of mail left! A full trolley and 5 full bags Madness. But I loved it as it reassured me I had made the best decision of my life to leave. No EVR (which I was offered some years ago but it was withdrawn!) Not even any leaving gifts from anyone! But never expected that and freedom is the best gift I could have!![]()
With the certain knowledge it can only get worse....
-
Davey-Jones
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 04 Mar 2019, 21:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Older posties
Did you get your full 200 bonus bud?robbertwhitton wrote: ↑24 Nov 2020, 13:39Just wanted to know how the older posties in delivery offices get treated? With all that age ware and tare takes its toll on your body,am currently off sick at the moment with osteoarthritis in my hip and a meniscus tare in my knee,oh and just got over Coronavirus,apart from that all good!, am 59 and done nearly 40 years hoping that a new hip and arthroscopic surgery on my knee will avoid ill health retirement and see my time out,but who knows,anyone else experiencing similar conditions,am gutted I won’t get my full xmas bonus this year,but am happy to get back to full fitness if it can be achieved.
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
Re: Older posties
I’m actually surprised they took me on aged 49 and female! I have been doing it for 3 years and developed plantar fascia and Achilles problems through the constant pounding on concrete. I had no idea it would be this tough on the body and in hindsight shouldn’t have taken it on. I like the job when it’s a reasonable amount of work but they take the piss and make you do more and more. Cant wait for retirement ...literally as might have to leave before that!