The million pounds a day ????
Are like the
The phantom shares
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
A million pound a day
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
A million pound a day
Agreed.Kodal wrote:The million pounds a day ????
Are like the
The phantom shares
I think RM are doing their usual job of exaggerating costs and playing down profits, not only for the usual reason of using it as a stick to beat the workforce with but also to justify a reduction in the USO with OFCOM.
This figure of £1.8bn for the new parcel hubs sounds utterly astronomical, I can only hope they're hugely exaggerating the claimed costs as part of their above strategy because if they really are stupid enough to be paying that much then we're all screwed with idiots like that in charge.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
A million pound a day
Well they say we humans are a cost, Machines are investments not to say they don't need lots of expensive IT workers who most of the time sit hiding away from humans/bosses and the REST OF THE WORKERS it is just that it is something of substance ie a great big lump of metal wires and rubber rollers in a huge building still needs feeding by humans of course! We bought lot's of secondhand css equipment on the cheep one IT worker got fed up of the commute had a bed next to the css because it was that s**t. So when they say it is world class don't believe it one bit!wacko74 wrote:Agreed.Kodal wrote:The million pounds a day ????
Are like the
The phantom shares
I think RM are doing their usual job of exaggerating costs and playing down profits, not only for the usual reason of using it as a stick to beat the workforce with but also to justify a reduction in the USO with OFCOM.
This figure of £1.8bn for the new parcel hubs sounds utterly astronomical, I can only hope they're hugely exaggerating the claimed costs as part of their above strategy because if they really are stupid enough to be paying that much then we're all screwed with idiots like that in charge.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
A million pound a day
I don't know where these offices are where posties are finishing hours before their duty time ends. We have heard rumours and stories about how other offices are run locally in our area in the past. I think in some offices the staff are almost allowed to run wild and then this reflects badly on the rest of us & we all get hit over the head.
In our DO small packets & parcels have been just below or at Xmas levels for as long as I can remember. Granted the letters are down but there is still plenty if not too much work to fit into our duty times. If RM are losing money, and I'm not sure they are or even should be, then they need to look elsewhere for how they are losing it.
In our DO small packets & parcels have been just below or at Xmas levels for as long as I can remember. Granted the letters are down but there is still plenty if not too much work to fit into our duty times. If RM are losing money, and I'm not sure they are or even should be, then they need to look elsewhere for how they are losing it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
A million pound a day
We make over an hour a day at least. Some 3 hours on a Monday and Tuesday. Some staff finish at 10:30 and we still ghost even though people on here told me 10 years ago ghost overtime will be goingCelgar wrote:I don't know where these offices are where posties are finishing hours before their duty time ends. We have heard rumours and stories about how other offices are run locally in our area in the past. I think in some offices the staff are almost allowed to run wild and then this reflects badly on the rest of us & we all get hit over the head.
In our DO small packets & parcels have been just below or at Xmas levels for as long as I can remember. Granted the letters are down but there is still plenty if not too much work to fit into our duty times. If RM are losing money, and I'm not sure they are or even should be, then they need to look elsewhere for how they are losing it.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
A million pound a day
I can't see RM accepting that in the long term. If they genuinely are losing money then sooner or later (probably sooner) they'll be looking up and down the country at where they can take hours out of offices (of all types, not just DOs)number one wrote:We make over an hour a day at least. Some 3 hours on a Monday and Tuesday. Some staff finish at 10:30 and we still ghost even though people on here told me 10 years ago ghost overtime will be going
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
A million pound a day
It's a no brainer. Offices making 10 hours per person in a week are going to get hit hard I fear.SpacePhoenix wrote:I can't see RM accepting that in the long term. If they genuinely are losing money then sooner or later (probably sooner) they'll be looking up and down the country at where they can take hours out of offices (of all types, not just DOs)number one wrote:We make over an hour a day at least. Some 3 hours on a Monday and Tuesday. Some staff finish at 10:30 and we still ghost even though people on here told me 10 years ago ghost overtime will be going