Only if it was financially viable, which it hasnt been.elteleltel wrote:Should be 36 hrs in Oct .
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Revisions and evr
-
richietns
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 18:09
- Gender: Male
Revisions and evr
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
Revisions and evr
This is where Area Reps should get more involved at Local LevelWoody Guthrie wrote:Every agreement we've had has had a section on culture change, dignity, respect etc.So Terry's for gotten about the 4 pillars section on culture change , dignity , respect etc ?
They would have been as well writing it in Klingon with invisible ink for all the f***ing good it's done.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Revisions and evr
9.4 million furloughed.
Benefit claimants surged from 1.3 million to 2.6 million.
26% of businesses plan to cut staff.
Every day thousands of jobs being lost.
I hope Dave and Terry and co secure as good a deal as they can but I really don’t care if my start time changes or I’m given an extra 50 calls or all my OT is cut, I just want to keep my job. I get the feeling whatever changes are coming our way won’t be liked but it really will be lump it or leave it.
Benefit claimants surged from 1.3 million to 2.6 million.
26% of businesses plan to cut staff.
Every day thousands of jobs being lost.
I hope Dave and Terry and co secure as good a deal as they can but I really don’t care if my start time changes or I’m given an extra 50 calls or all my OT is cut, I just want to keep my job. I get the feeling whatever changes are coming our way won’t be liked but it really will be lump it or leave it.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Revisions and evr
I just love the negativity. Don’t forget those losing their jobs are those in areas where their work has disappeared. Ours has increased!HTPostman wrote:9.4 million furloughed.
Benefit claimants surged from 1.3 million to 2.6 million.
26% of businesses plan to cut staff.
Every day thousands of jobs being lost.
I hope Dave and Terry and co secure as good a deal as they can but I really don’t care if my start time changes or I’m given an extra 50 calls or all my OT is cut, I just want to keep my job. I get the feeling whatever changes are coming our way won’t be liked but it really will be lump it or leave it.
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Revisions and evr
A cynic might then suggest that, were the USO revised to 'be fit for the 21st century', 25% of walks might then be failed every day . . . 3 duties cover 4 walks, the walk that fails is rotated every day.Cucumber wrote:We are failing around 1/4 of walks every day. Good luck with a local revision.
Given RM's recent propaganda video where they talked about other businesses needing to lay off staff and make big decisions, combined with that RM-CWU talks about EVRs, I wouldn't be surprised to see a swathe of OPG posts cut (presuming the USO is revised). Perhaps not 25% of course, but maybe shedding 10%.+.
Perhaps failure will be part of the 'new normal'.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Revisions and evr
number one wrote:I just love the negativity. Don’t forget those losing their jobs are those in areas where their work has disappeared. Ours has increased!HTPostman wrote:9.4 million furloughed.
Benefit claimants surged from 1.3 million to 2.6 million.
26% of businesses plan to cut staff.
Every day thousands of jobs being lost.
I hope Dave and Terry and co secure as good a deal as they can but I really don’t care if my start time changes or I’m given an extra 50 calls or all my OT is cut, I just want to keep my job. I get the feeling whatever changes are coming our way won’t be liked but it really will be lump it or leave it.
I was wondering if there are some mail centres out there who have barely anything to deliver on a daily basis. Not sure what would cause this. Maybe it's just areas with lots of older people who don't order much. Maybe it's the less populated areas.
I also wonder how many posties leave the company, dismissed, retired, passed away, each month. So if they are just not replacing people.....how many posties have left during the freeze on recruitment.
I'd assume that not replacing staff at our place would cause mayhem, all duties need to be covered as far as I can see. Post hasn't got that light to allow for less posties on the medium to busy days. There always seems to be at least 1 posties going off work with long term sickness. You'd have to perfectly revise the whole depot to have any chance of getting away with having less posties......
or completely change the way we work.....post only delivered on Tuesdays and Saturdays.....which isn't going to happen.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Revisions and evr
In normal circumstances a shortage of staff in an office caused by a recruitment freeze is managed by encouraging staff to work their day(s) off until a revision is implemented.I'd assume that not replacing staff at our place would cause mayhem,
It will only cause mayhem if there are no takers.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Revisions and evr
Or by lapsing to show the job can be done and more.Woody Guthrie wrote:In normal circumstances a shortage of staff in an office caused by a recruitment freeze is managed by encouraging staff to work their day(s) off until a revision is implemented.I'd assume that not replacing staff at our place would cause mayhem,
It will only cause mayhem if there are no takers.
-
Chupacabra74
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Revisions and evr
Exactly this. It’s all a game of both parties with the same interest.
Woody Guthrie wrote:In order to claim victory you first have to show what defeat might look like.can you tell me why if the talks are all hunky dory why the company are sending these so called ambassadors in to offices and bleating all there s**t, 3 day weeks , job losses etc, and the CWU are aware of this
The bleaker a picture Royal Mail paints the prettier a picture the union can paint when the deal is finally done so it's in the union's interest to allow the business to continue to scare the members as much as possible.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Revisions and evr
Not negative just being realistic. We are much busier but for whatever reason RM are playing the ‘we are struggling ‘ card and are cutting 2,000 management jobs. I just hope similar cuts aren’t made amongst our workforce.number one wrote:I just love the negativity. Don’t forget those losing their jobs are those in areas where their work has disappeared. Ours has increased!HTPostman wrote:9.4 million furloughed.
Benefit claimants surged from 1.3 million to 2.6 million.
26% of businesses plan to cut staff.
Every day thousands of jobs being lost.
I hope Dave and Terry and co secure as good a deal as they can but I really don’t care if my start time changes or I’m given an extra 50 calls or all my OT is cut, I just want to keep my job. I get the feeling whatever changes are coming our way won’t be liked but it really will be lump it or leave it.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Revisions and evr
2,000 management that obviously are not needed could probably cut a few thousand more an most people wont know the difference.HTPostman wrote:Not negative just being realistic. We are much busier but for whatever reason RM are playing the ‘we are struggling ‘ card and are cutting 2,000 management jobs. I just hope similar cuts aren’t made amongst our workforce.number one wrote:I just love the negativity. Don’t forget those losing their jobs are those in areas where their work has disappeared. Ours has increased!HTPostman wrote:9.4 million furloughed.
Benefit claimants surged from 1.3 million to 2.6 million.
26% of businesses plan to cut staff.
Every day thousands of jobs being lost.
I hope Dave and Terry and co secure as good a deal as they can but I really don’t care if my start time changes or I’m given an extra 50 calls or all my OT is cut, I just want to keep my job. I get the feeling whatever changes are coming our way won’t be liked but it really will be lump it or leave it.
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Revisions and evr
We all know there are some managers that cant manage. Some that do nothing much. Even our manager was mocking there must be a manager somewhere tasking with writing a brief such as "how to wear a mask" etc. He showed us the sheet u was to present to us.aiden01 wrote: 2,000 management that obviously are not needed could probably cut a few thousand more an most people wont know the difference.