Yeah the cannabis or whatever it is is horrible and as you say quite widespread these days but I'm a coverman and I've noticed it's definitely more prevalent in the shall we say less salubrious parts of our area !yubin282 wrote:When you deliver to a sheltered home early in the morning and you get the mixed smell of slightly burn toast, bacon sandwiches and piss.
Also despise the smell of cannabis, it really annoys how wide spread it is.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Best/Worse smells on walks
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
Yeah, it really annoys me I had problems with a neighbour a few years ago who had a cannabis farm in his house. Fortunately he moved eventually.ted_e_bear wrote:Yeah the cannabis or whatever it is is horrible and as you say quite widespread these days but I'm a coverman and I've noticed it's definitely more prevalent in the shall we say less salubrious parts of our area !yubin282 wrote:When you deliver to a sheltered home early in the morning and you get the mixed smell of slightly burn toast, bacon sandwiches and piss.
Also despise the smell of cannabis, it really annoys how wide spread it is.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
My best and worst are both dead animals
I love the smell of a Butcher's shop but hate the smell of dead decomposing birds/rats/whatever else
I love the smell of a Butcher's shop but hate the smell of dead decomposing birds/rats/whatever else
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
I used to deliver to a tripe factory, that was tough if you were feeling a bit rough.
-
sorefeet17
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
Customers houses when they have really stinky cats and dogs and obviously no cleaning routine, just opening the letterbox is bad enough with certain houses.
-
sorefeet17
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
And bins full of nappies.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
Worst are blocks of flats where someone keeps a dog, horrible smell!
The rougher areas too where householders just dump everything in their garden or in incorrect bins. I don’t get how they can sit in their garden drinking white lightening or whatever on a warm day and not think ‘you know, the cardboard recycling bin hasn’t been emptied by the council ever since we filled it full of nappy bags and rotting food and it’s starting to really stink. Maybe we should put it all in the correct bin.’
The rougher areas too where householders just dump everything in their garden or in incorrect bins. I don’t get how they can sit in their garden drinking white lightening or whatever on a warm day and not think ‘you know, the cardboard recycling bin hasn’t been emptied by the council ever since we filled it full of nappy bags and rotting food and it’s starting to really stink. Maybe we should put it all in the correct bin.’
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
poisonpostie
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:29
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
I can honestly say the worst smell i ever encountered on my round was a week old dead body in some flats,when i got out of the lift i nearly puked and when they opened the door to the flat i can say i did
oh the joys of being a postman.
oh the joys of being a postman.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
Yep I’ve had a busted packet leaking fish oil,all over my shorts and in the footwell of the van...yuc,nice smell has to be bacon,with the words “fancy a bacon sarnie postman?... oh go on then....all is well.mmmmm
-
Intercityfirm1970
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 26 May 2019, 08:52
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
Some rank woman answered the door and her feet looked like she had been treading grapes in a s**t and piss orgy.. They stunk that bad they set my asthma off
-
ballee
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Nov 2007, 19:21
Best/Worse smells on walks
Had one of our postmen once sorting parcels, came upon a packet dripping blood addressed to a local fox skin dealer. Being the smart Alec he was he jammed it behind a radiator and told nobody. You can imagine the uproar for the next two weeks as the Environmental Health tried to determine where the smell was coming from. It was unbelievable, being the joker he was he thought it was hilarious.robbertwhitton wrote:Yep I’ve had a busted packet leaking fish oil,all over my shorts and in the footwell of the van...yuc,nice smell has to be bacon,with the words “fancy a bacon sarnie postman?... oh go on then....all is well.mmmmm
-
Ozcabsmangan
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 02 May 2019, 13:24
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
People eating bananas on my round they are just minging, I hate bananas with a passion
Best smell is curry
Best smell is curry
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
People eating bananas?Ozcabsmangan wrote:People eating bananas on my round they are just minging, I hate bananas with a passion
Best smell is curry
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
Did you know that women in China are banned from eating bananas in an erotic manner.Ozcabsmangan wrote:People eating bananas on my round they are just minging
I guess that means you have to eat them sideways.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse smells on walks
The odor wafting out of nail salons makes my day. It reminds me of that classic line from Apocalypse Now: "I love the smell of nail polish in the morning... Smells like victory."