ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Advice please

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Advice please

Post by robbertwhitton »

Chrislfc85 wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:I stopped reading the post after”got bullied into not reporting it “????!! We really don’t help ourselves do we?Best of luck with the proper and rightful outcome with this
Completely agree! Unfortunately, I sometimes act in ways I don't understand and can't explain. The panic that hit me yesterday has led to my anti depressants being increased. I can sit here now and tell myself how stupid I am and I need to man up, but when I try to put that into practise, I just can't. The number of times I swapped rest days at last minute, did extra loops etc, it was never because I wanted To, they knew I'd do it for an easy life. On the odd occasion I said no, the DOM and his assistant would be absolute arse holes with me until I changed my mind. I know I need to grow a pair, but saying it and doing it are two very different things.
My friend,please don’t think I was having a go at you as to what’s happened and your actions,I know from 37 years in this company as to how they have become,you certainly don’t need or deserve this grief and any decent employer would back you and support you as they are supposed to,alas this is Royal Mail,and again should hang there heads in shame,managers mismanaging at its finest,they really are a corrupt bunch!be up for the fight and rip into them,be concise and to the point and up for the fight,my friend,
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Advice please

Post by Seymour Buts »

Chrislfc85 wrote:Hi everyone, bit long winded so bear with me. I suffered a broken wrist as a passenger in a work van last December. DOM bullied me into not reporting it and going in for light duties (basically throwing D2D's in for 5 hours a day), using the fact that I had been with the company less than 12 months and wouldn't get sick pay and "if you report it they'll find a way to sack you". During this time I attempted to commit suicide.

Fast forward to August this year, I fainted over a wall whilst on delivery, sustained ligament, tendon and muscle damage as well as a dislocated elbow, had surgery 2 weeks later, and have been off sick ever since. My mother died 3 days after the op, and everything has been a struggle ever since.

DOM (different one now) refused to refer me to Occupational Health when the line manager suggested it in Sept. When I asked about it in November, I was told "I won't refer you. If you can't recover to come back to work, we'll let you exhaust the sick pay and leave you with no choice but to resign".

Union help has been non existsent, I sent my last sick note in via email to the CEO office as I couldn't face seeing my DOM. They didn't reply, but as that sicknote is due to run out this Monday, they've sent a letter today asking me to go in for a face to face TOMORROW. Again I can't face this. They've sent my anxiety through the roof. I've been advised not to drive while the cause of the fainting is investigated, been diagnosed with Diverticular disease just before Xmas due to damage caused by ibuprofen, depression continually getting worse, I just can't face them.

Because I'm a single parent I get universal credit to top up my income. They determined I'm unfit for any work or work related activity, yet my employer won't refer me to OH for assessment or any possible extra physio etc. Rather than helping me mentally, they have made my situation 10 times work. What the hell do I do?!
If the job centre, or whoever it is that do the assessments nowadays have deemed you unfit for work then surely you can get another note? You'll be on full until February, then even when you drop to half Universal Credit should top up the rest. I really wouldn't worry about work, you need to get your mental and physical health back before anything then decide what you want to do. Good luck.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Advice please

Post by robbertwhitton »

As regards to not reporting it,surely an accident report was completed,Erica or whatever they call it? the in injury must have been put on that etc etc? sounds a bit like any dog bite debarkle now! Not interested one bit,hello union please step forward and maybe help?.
Chrislfc85
Posts: 5
Joined: 03 Jan 2020, 19:10
Gender: Male

Advice please

Post by Chrislfc85 »

Seymour Buts wrote:
Chrislfc85 wrote:Hi everyone, bit long winded so bear with me. I suffered a broken wrist as a passenger in a work van last December. DOM bullied me into not reporting it and going in for light duties (basically throwing D2D's in for 5 hours a day), using the fact that I had been with the company less than 12 months and wouldn't get sick pay and "if you report it they'll find a way to sack you". During this time I attempted to commit suicide.

Fast forward to August this year, I fainted over a wall whilst on delivery, sustained ligament, tendon and muscle damage as well as a dislocated elbow, had surgery 2 weeks later, and have been off sick ever since. My mother died 3 days after the op, and everything has been a struggle ever since.

DOM (different one now) refused to refer me to Occupational Health when the line manager suggested it in Sept. When I asked about it in November, I was told "I won't refer you. If you can't recover to come back to work, we'll let you exhaust the sick pay and leave you with no choice but to resign".

Union help has been non existsent, I sent my last sick note in via email to the CEO office as I couldn't face seeing my DOM. They didn't reply, but as that sicknote is due to run out this Monday, they've sent a letter today asking me to go in for a face to face TOMORROW. Again I can't face this. They've sent my anxiety through the roof. I've been advised not to drive while the cause of the fainting is investigated, been diagnosed with Diverticular disease just before Xmas due to damage caused by ibuprofen, depression continually getting worse, I just can't face them.

Because I'm a single parent I get universal credit to top up my income. They determined I'm unfit for any work or work related activity, yet my employer won't refer me to OH for assessment or any possible extra physio etc. Rather than helping me mentally, they have made my situation 10 times work. What the hell do I do?!
If the job centre, or whoever it is that do the assessments nowadays have deemed you unfit for work then surely you can get another note? You'll be on full until February, then even when you drop to half Universal Credit should top up the rest. I really wouldn't worry about work, you need to get your mental and physical health back before anything then decide what you want to do. Good luck.
Yes there's no issue getting the sick notes, Dr asks me how long I want each time I request one. The struggle is dealing with the hassle from RM, the way my arm is it's unlikely I'll ever return. I'll never get full movement back and they've only just started me lifting 1kg weights. RM want to force me out, that's obvious, but if I resign I get a sanction from Universal Credit. They need to get rid of me but its obvious they don't want to do that because then there's the potential ill health payout.
Chrislfc85
Posts: 5
Joined: 03 Jan 2020, 19:10
Gender: Male

Advice please

Post by Chrislfc85 »

Hi everyone, just a quick update. Firstly thanks for all the advice and well wishes, had my first counselling session on Wednesday after waiting months following the referral. Counsellor has advised the same as the GP, not to have contact with my DOM.

I've filled in the industrial injuries benefit form. Don't for one minute expect to receive anything, or want to receive anything, but if it means RM's dodgy tactics are exposed then great.

I contacted ACAS last weekend requesting early conciliation. They've today contacted RM regarding the whole situation I've experienced in my time here, disability discrimination, bullying etc, so while I'm now stressed that RM are fully aware, at least the process has begun.

Finally the CEO office responded to me earlier this week, with a long winded email about how it's important to maintain contact with the DOM, a copy of the attendance agreement, and a mention of feeling first class, that service that managers spout to make it look like they care.

It seems I've got a long fight ahead of me, but I won't let the arse holes who's only worry is their bonuses break me!