ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

LAT after a year

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3729
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

LAT after a year

Post by yellowbelly »

Afromayn wrote:
As for named buildings, there should be some kind of info that gives you the co-ordinates on where the house is because I tend to just drive up and down the street and if I can't find it, I just No Access it.
This https://what3words.com/business/ecommerce/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; would be too futuristic for RM to adopt.....
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

LAT after a year

Post by Navalron »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
silverbullit wrote:Parcel rate is 17 per hour.
Or what,you get the push?
The rate is 12 parcels per hour and that's including travel time between drops. It's the exact same for parcel force but they want them to go up to 20 per hour. Tozzers. I still find it hard to fathom out why, as I'm an ex postman driver that I know, sometimes I'm wrong, a lot more than people in the job. Is the reps really that bad these days. I don't believe that. Their are good and bad like every job but most of the new posture don't even seem to know that if they finish at 8pm or later they get a shift payment and how many claim their extra meal relief for working docket, edu the part time staff. Management are bastards. And I mean about 80%. :evil/mad
Barton0502
Posts: 14
Joined: 07 Mar 2019, 15:17
Gender: Male

LAT after a year

Post by Barton0502 »

We get anything from 6-30 in our office. Covering 8 postcodes including our locals. Get 4 hours SA. We take 12 as a rule. If there’s more than 12 either take them on O/T (3 an hour) or get someone else to take some, normally the locals. Works well
Route1
Posts: 369
Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
Gender: Female

LAT after a year

Post by Route1 »

Yesterdays LAT
3 parcels done in 4 hours travelling 100 miles.

Other guy did 25 parcels in about 3 hours travelling 25 miles & knocked off an hour early
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

LAT after a year

Post by Janet Brum »

This Lat looks a waste of resources for me. 3 parcels don`t worth 100 miles worth of petrol plus your 4 hours pay.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12196
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

LAT after a year

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Janet Brum wrote:This Lat looks a waste of resources for me. 3 parcels don`t worth 100 miles worth of petrol plus your 4 hours pay.
Maybe RM would be better off having a couple of LAT duties per DO, which could be used to mop up cut-offs when not doing LAT deliveries. Depending on relative distances from the local MC 1 600 lorry could deliver the LAT items to multiple DOs and perhaps do (if feasible) bulk firms collections on the way back to the MC
Route1
Posts: 369
Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
Gender: Female

LAT after a year

Post by Route1 »

Janet Brum wrote:This Lat looks a waste of resources for me. 3 parcels don`t worth 100 miles worth of petrol plus your 4 hours pay.
Correct, its not efficient use of resources but the LATs have been paying for themselves for the last 7 months according to our DOM. It also gets us p/t staff up to f/t temporary contracts in our office.

If we had split it any other way we would have failed atleast one parcel. Its the luck of the dice with LATs in our office. We were lucky to get less than 30 parcels but got fecked by the locations of 3 parcels that were in the remote parts of the universe.

SpacePhoenix wrote:Maybe RM would be better off having a couple of LAT duties per DO, which could be used to mop up cut-offs when not doing LAT deliveries. Depending on relative distances from the local MC 1 600 lorry could deliver the LAT items to multiple DOs and perhaps do (if feasible) bulk firms collections on the way back to the MC
Never be enough work from the LATs to even justify one shift in each DO which is why it covers multiple DO's. Managers did use the LAT shift to cover cut-offs etc over LAT parcels initially but eventually the LAT manager gave a bollocking to those managers so its been LATs first ever since.
Regarding cut-offs covered by LATs, that would imply that the duties are too long which is obviously incorrect according to every manager.
You'll never make it to management if you come up with ideas such as bulk firms collections on the way back. Why send an empty lorry for collection when you can send a fully loaded up lorry with no space :thumbup
Afromayn
Posts: 6
Joined: 26 Jun 2018, 23:08
Gender: Male

LAT after a year

Post by Afromayn »

yellowbelly wrote:
Afromayn wrote:
As for named buildings, there should be some kind of info that gives you the co-ordinates on where the house is because I tend to just drive up and down the street and if I can't find it, I just No Access it.
This https://what3words.com/business/ecommerce/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; would be too futuristic for RM to adopt.....
I don't understand how they're so behind the likes of DPD and Amazon. The amount of info you can give the Amazon driver regarding their address is perfect. An extra bit of space on the label to put a bit of info how to find the address or just input that detail in that 2D barcode.
Last time I was out in the sticks, I knocked on 2 doors to try and find a named building.
Route1
Posts: 369
Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
Gender: Female

LAT after a year

Post by Route1 »

Afromayn wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
Afromayn wrote:
As for named buildings, there should be some kind of info that gives you the co-ordinates on where the house is because I tend to just drive up and down the street and if I can't find it, I just No Access it.
This https://what3words.com/business/ecommerce/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; would be too futuristic for RM to adopt.....
I don't understand how they're so behind the likes of DPD and Amazon. The amount of info you can give the Amazon driver regarding their address is perfect. An extra bit of space on the label to put a bit of info how to find the address or just input that detail in that 2D barcode.
Last time I was out in the sticks, I knocked on 2 doors to try and find a named building.
This time of year we dont always attempt some parcels in the sticks unless its a proper proper road. Feck getting stuck on a dirt track in the middle of nowhere when its dark & pouring down with rain or snow. Sticks parcels tend to take u to the centre of the postcode & good luck figuring out which way the house is
Afromayn
Posts: 6
Joined: 26 Jun 2018, 23:08
Gender: Male

LAT after a year

Post by Afromayn »

Route1 wrote: This time of year we dont always attempt some parcels in the sticks unless its a proper proper road. Feck getting stuck on a dirt track in the middle of nowhere when its dark & pouring down with rain or snow. Sticks parcels tend to take u to the centre of the postcode & good luck figuring out which way the house is
What do you do if you can't find a named address? Do you scan as inaccessible and do you write on the parcel? My manager told me to always endorse the parcel so I don't get in trouble for anything
Route1
Posts: 369
Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
Gender: Female

LAT after a year

Post by Route1 »

Afromayn wrote:
Route1 wrote: This time of year we dont always attempt some parcels in the sticks unless its a proper proper road. Feck getting stuck on a dirt track in the middle of nowhere when its dark & pouring down with rain or snow. Sticks parcels tend to take u to the centre of the postcode & good luck figuring out which way the house is
What do you do if you can't find a named address? Do you scan as inaccessible and do you write on the parcel? My manager told me to always endorse the parcel so I don't get in trouble for anything
We endorse our office parcels but I dont endorse anything else. I've seen other people write the time on LAT parcels but i dont bother.
Had a named address this week that I couldnt find. It was allegedly on a main street in a wee village but after spending 15 minutes walking up & down the street in the dark reading house names, I scanned it as incomplete. PDA data shows me looking for the address. Thats enough endorsement for me.

In the summer we apparently didnt do a LAT parcel & higher up where following up. I didnt know until later that the dom had told higher up the parcel didnt come to our office as the pda showed i delivered in that area so I would have attempted it if we had the parcel. The parcel also wasnt scanned Ready for Delivery from our office so it probably it make it here. We scan all our list parcels in. Everything then gets scanned Delivered, No Answer, Inaccessible or Not Attempted.