ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Being sent back out to deliver LAT's
-
readingpete
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 21 Jul 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
Being sent back out to deliver LAT's
Surely they would need doorstep scanning. You wouldn’t take the PDA home!
-
world class male
- Posts: 906
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Being sent back out to deliver LAT's
what if someone has done double duties and still got done early (no indoor work other than his own duty prep) and still gone home before scheduled finish time yet paid 4 or 5 hrs extra?streets97 wrote:It's posts like this that annoy me. You need to stop thinking it's job and finish, those days are gone, now just work till your time and stop moaning about it.
yet someone comes back at the same time and told "yeah, but he's done more and on overtime so you must go deliver this bit?
it does happen and we cannot refuse but these people who chase the almighty dollar will either prosper or suffer twice as bad if we strike, my guess is the 1st
i know a few are absolutely dreading the yes vote and my gut instinct some will probably work by hook or crook given half a chance
sorry if i turned this into a strike topic but it'll have some bearing when the time comes
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Being sent back out to deliver LAT's
fed_up_postie wrote:I accept your apology as no I haven't used my own car as I dont use my car to commute to and from work I cycle, but many people in our office have used their cars, I refuse to take them outmaisymoo04 wrote:you mean you have been using your own car to deliver them and by the sound off it you have ????![]()
![]()
![]()
i could be wrong appologies if i am
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Dannybuca
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 02 Jul 2018, 06:18
- Gender: Male
Being sent back out to deliver LAT's
Why is that so? In our office they're regularly taken home...readingpete wrote:Surely they would need doorstep scanning. You wouldn’t take the PDA home!
-
Mask
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 04 Sep 2017, 13:09
- Gender: Male
Being sent back out to deliver LAT's
Just work to time, say you'll go out in a van and deliver as many as youll have time for to get back to the office for finish time, if you've got 10 mins to go then take the parcels for a spin and and bring them back
-
fed_up_postie
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: lost in space
Being sent back out to deliver LAT's
Its posts like this that annoy me!!!! I'm not moaning about Job and finish pal!!!! I've been in this business long enough to know that's gone!!!! My point was 6 months ago when our lino tried this our union rep told us we point blank refuse to do them as they are a separate duty with separate hours!!! I have absolutely no problem what so ever working to my time IF the work is available and if it's not and we get back early and we are told to sit and do kill offs or take some laps out then that's fine by me so get off your high horse thinking I'm moaning because I want to go home early alright pal!!!streets97 wrote:It's posts like this that annoy me. You are paid up until a certain time, so if there is time in your duty and managers says so you do it. Would you pay someone to sit at home on their backside doing nothing if it was your business. You need to stop thinking it's job and finish, those days are gone, now just work till your time and stop moaning about it. If you don't like it then go and work in your local factory and see how many days you can go home early.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Being sent back out to deliver LAT's
So there streets

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"