ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Think 25

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by bmccoll »

I for one won't be waiting for a customer to look for ID. Knock knock, here's your parcel, goodbye.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16711
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Think 25

Post by clashcityrocker »

Knock Knock here's your P45 Goodbye.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by leolion855 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Knock Knock here's your P45 Goodbye.
Again what system is there to prove youve seen it?
I know theres a lot of elderly on my routes who dont have ANY form of photo id so am i supposed to have a argument with them at the door? Whats rms first rules 'if you feel threatened give them the mail'
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Think 25

Post by norris9 »

leolion855 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Knock Knock here's your P45 Goodbye.
Again what system is there to prove youve seen it?
I know theres a lot of elderly on my routes who dont have ANY form of photo id so am i supposed to have a argument with them at the door? Whats rms first rules 'if you feel threatened give them the mail'
Surely if they are elderly they are over 25, lol?...

Unless it's Benjamin Button...
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16711
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Think 25

Post by clashcityrocker »

leolion855 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Knock Knock here's your P45 Goodbye.
Again what system is there to prove youve seen it?
'
When you work in the customer service point you need to see ID.
There is a list of acceptable forms of ID and you click on the appropriate one on the screen.
I assume the PDA would be set up likewise.
You are right that you could click on anything, However if there is any comeback and you have handed over the package to a 10 year old and clicked that you have seen their driving licence,you may have some explaining to do.
And remember they don't have to prove anything.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dennis12
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Jun 2013, 19:46
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by dennis12 »

I had this with some alcohol from amazon and even though I clearly look over 25 (I am 49) they still need I.d before handing over parcel as courier took a photo of my I.d to prove they asked for I.d.Assume we will have to do the same on PDA .
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by leolion855 »

dennis12 wrote:I had this with some alcohol from amazon and even though I clearly look over 25 (I am 49) they still need I.d before handing over parcel as courier took a photo of my I.d to prove they asked for I.d.Assume we will have to do the same on PDA .
Thats gonna play havoc with gdpr
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by cpsteve »

The amount of these we will get is minimal and its good for everyone it takes us longer with no extra walking the company get more revenue win win, new products to compete with other delivery companies is exactly what we should be doing to grow and offset the letter decline. I for one would not want my children buying booze or any medicine/dangerous items online and signing for it while i am out.