ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transfering

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jamesfr3man
Posts: 46
Joined: 10 Jun 2019, 20:04
Gender: Male

Bullying, Quitting & Transfering

Post by Jamesfr3man »

Dorset Plodder wrote:AS per previous Posts....... DO NOT QUIT :no no It effects Pension & Seniority, and even a couple of weeks seniority might be needed in the future if there's a Re-Pick of Duties, in whatever Office. :hmmmm

Most points already covered, just apply online , be patient and keep in touch with your "New" DOM and try and get him to hurry things up. The situation you are in is: You're "OLD" DOM doesn't want a manpower shortage, because it makes His Life difficult.... Your "NEW" DOM already has a manpower shortage , and therefore already has a difficult life! So whose interest is it to get you a move? On one transfer I had to wait until I'd heard on the "Grapevine" that there was a vacancy at the DO I wanted to transfer to. When i asked my current DOM why he hadn't informed me (because he knew I was trying to transfer) he said, "Well you'd need to Transfer Offices" :shock: I thought "Well No s**t Sherlock" :crazy: He didn't want to tell me because it would have left him short, it's that simple. If there's nothing in it for them they'tr not interested. :no no

I've always wondered why RM have guys from the next Town working in your DO, and guys in your Town have to travel to the next to work. :crazy: This Company is totally incomprehensible. :arrrghhh Good Luck with your Transfer. :cuppa
postslippete wrote:Your DOM doesn't want anyone to leave which is why its so difficult. So if you had someone who was willing to swap offices :hmmmm Maybe you could advertise this on their office noticeboards, could that potentially be win-win??

Its getting to the stage in Royal Mail where we are having to do everything ourselves. Even if we want a day off or a week off when we want it these days, we have to find someone to swap with.
Newbie001 wrote:Unless they've changed it. After six months you can apply anywhere there is a vacancy, that's what I did. Dom did try to stop/delay it, all I did was phone hr and they forced transfer through after 28 days. They want to treat you like dirt, you owe them nothing.
Wouldn't quit though, the whole application process is very complicated and could take months and months if ever.
Thanks for all the info guys, I think I'm going to apply online for the position and then try and get the DOMs to talk it out. Maybe they can come to an understanding and if my hat is already in the ring it can't hurt my chances. I think I'm gonna just keep my head down and get on with the job and wait. :roll:
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Bullying, Quitting & Transfering

Post by leolion855 »

if the dom in your 'new ' office has a manpower shortage could he not ask the area manager to make the dom in current office lend out a person everyday and put your name forward, After 6 mths youd have reason to transfer.