ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked items and the 5 year plan

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Tracked items and the 5 year plan

Post by grchpo »

Out at 9.15, finished at 15.15, 6 hours. I must have a crap route
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Tracked items and the 5 year plan

Post by cpsteve »

grchpo wrote:Out at 9.15, finished at 15.15, 6 hours. I must have a crap route
OMG thats crazy hope you booked o/t you deserve it. My walk is four hours give or take and i was shattered
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Tracked items and the 5 year plan

Post by grchpo »

Admittedly some of it was driving but i still walked nearly 9 miles & yes I did book overtime
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Tracked items and the 5 year plan

Post by Celgar »

Six hour delivery span is fairly common nowadays. Some posties are out longer than that.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Tracked items and the 5 year plan

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Celgar wrote:Six hour delivery span is fairly common nowadays. Some posties are out longer than that.
I'd agree Celgar...... mines just over 6 hours (including Meal Relief). With being on a 7 hour 35min Day (approx) it only leaves 1 hour 24 mins to do 2 hours Walk Prep.... with NO other indoor work AND no time for Lapsing........ AND my DOM's always grizzling about me booking pressure overtime :Boo hoo! Makes me laugh when you hear Posties on here still going on about being expected to deliver for more than 3 1/2 hours :shock: .... Where do these people work?

When DOMs start quoting Traffic Figures I just switch off. Their theory is IF they can get you out of the door quicker.... then you'll have more time to deliver. I did ask if they could get my walk prepped for me would he be expecting me to be out on delivery for 7Hours 35 mins? I didn't get a definate answer. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)