ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM issue shorts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

RM issue shorts

Post by Sir Henry »

Mine are in shreds down the side where the bag rubs as I walk.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

RM issue shorts

Post by rambo1 »

Sir Henry wrote:Mine are in shreds down the side where the bag rubs as I walk.
You're pushing your trolley wrong. Oh, you are using a trolley aren't you?
sirchewey
Posts: 99
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
Gender: Male

RM issue shorts

Post by sirchewey »

I stopped wearing them for the same reasons as everyone on here. I have tried several pair over the years but have settled on these and they seem to last for years even every day wearing.... https://www.military1st.co.uk/sp-uts-pr ... green.html
They are expensive at about £35 but they are comfy, hard wearing and fit everything you would want in them. Loads of room for PDA in back pocket, P739 cards in zip side pocket, phone pockets on either side for pens and phone etc. These are ace!!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

RM issue shorts

Post by Dorset Plodder »

daveyeff wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:Just wear your own. Provided they're Black.. Navy Blue or Grey I can't see the problem .... Might have a problem if they're Dayglo Pink! :shock: . I find the Cargo Pockets handy for carrying 739s & Elastic Bands (once Removed). If your DOM gets too stressed about you wearing your own ... just wait until you're out on Delivery and swap them over. :cuppa
not in the street though :Very Happy
You have to find a secluded spot admitedely daveyeff. :thumbup I always joke with the customers that I have "Winter Shorts" (Much Longer to keep the knees warm)...... and "Summer Shorts"( Taken up to just over the knee)..... but in this recent Hot Weather I've taken to slipping on some "Very Short Shorts" (Lightweight Sporty Types) ... just to give the Old Girls a thrill! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)