ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Parcels but no one in
-
sirchewey
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
- Gender: Male
Parcels but no one in
When you scan an item it will give you the delivery options available at the top of the screen.
CUSTOMER NEIGHBOUR SAFEPLACE
If SAFEPLACE is lined through you cant leave it
If NEIGHBOUR is lined through you can only deliver to customer in person.
1st and 2nd standard parcels are handed to customer only
If is states you can leave it with a neighbour then start knocking doors. If you can deliver to a neighbour then use the relevant card to post through customers door. By leaving with a neighbour, you increase 1st time delivery rate and as such reduce costs in time spent by both yourself and the PHG in office to process the item, better customer satisfaction as it saves them going all the way into town and finally the environmental CO2 footprint for that parcel which benefits everyone.
CUSTOMER NEIGHBOUR SAFEPLACE
If SAFEPLACE is lined through you cant leave it
If NEIGHBOUR is lined through you can only deliver to customer in person.
1st and 2nd standard parcels are handed to customer only
If is states you can leave it with a neighbour then start knocking doors. If you can deliver to a neighbour then use the relevant card to post through customers door. By leaving with a neighbour, you increase 1st time delivery rate and as such reduce costs in time spent by both yourself and the PHG in office to process the item, better customer satisfaction as it saves them going all the way into town and finally the environmental CO2 footprint for that parcel which benefits everyone.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Parcels but no one in
Unbelievable, and people wonder why the job is in the state it is, when we have people corner cutting in as much detail as this!!!mattycash wrote:I don't write much, date, 9pm,10,11,or 12, house number & last few digits of postcode, few ticks & I'm gone.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Parcels but no one in
Actually, I think this is the way he gets his jollies.Jpro747 wrote:Unbelievable, and people wonder why the job is in the state it is, when we have people corner cutting in as much detail as this!!!mattycash wrote:I don't write much, date, 9pm,10,11,or 12, house number & last few digits of postcode, few ticks & I'm gone.
Even I am not allowed to call anyone a troll on here but some self identify as such by what they post, I moderate them, but won't engage in their pettiness.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Parcels but no one in
You are supposed to wait first before you starting filling out a P739!mattycash wrote:Few swift cracks with PDA on door frame, I never ring doorbell & I'm writing 739 out, 9 times out of 10 I have half filled 379 out when they eventually answer the bleddy door might speed them up for next time, the only safe place if you want to keep your job is back at the office, no neighbors, I take minimum 2 full sacks back every shift, teach them a lesson for wasting my time, now I'm wasting yours, get in your car & get queuing at the office.
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Parcels but no one in
99/100 i always knock then start filling in the basics, date,town,partial postcode then knock again and fill in the essentials, without being chastised i most definitely can get rid of 2 p739'd parcels to 1 of my partner who waits a minute or 2 then starts writing, nothing to do with been a runner,Janet Brum wrote:He`s a runner
i'm just more pessimistic of the people actually being awake to answer the door or afraid it's the police and wait for the card to drop before answering,
which does happen daily
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Parcels but no one in
I never said you are a runner :)
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Parcels but no one in
I think it's sensible to start writing out a P739 immediately unless you're absolutely certain someone is in.Janet Brum wrote:He`s a runner
I fill in a card properly with all details including the tracking number and that easily takes long enough for someone to reach the front door. It makes no sense at all standing there staring at a front door doing nothing. I'm anything but a runner but that doesn't mean I'm deliberately inefficient.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Parcels but no one in
a runner would have the 739's pre written out

-
Jeppol
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 06 Sep 2011, 15:20
- Gender: Male
Parcels but no one in
I rarely try neighbours to leave parcels , a few times when I've done this the neighbour can get very irate if you've got them out of bed or the shower with a parcel that isn't even for them.
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
Parcels but no one in
Only leave with a neighbour if they come out and offer, never go knocking, i'm more likely to safe place them, never get any redeliveries, never get any complaints.
-
gimba
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Parcels but no one in
I don't leave with neighbours, purely because I don't like accepting them myself when home
Someone else's parcel shouldn't become responsibility for someone else not on the address
The neighbour could possibly be on night shifts and sleep during the day, ain't no way I'm waking them up for something absolutely nothing to do with them
Someone else's parcel shouldn't become responsibility for someone else not on the address
The neighbour could possibly be on night shifts and sleep during the day, ain't no way I'm waking them up for something absolutely nothing to do with them
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Parcels but no one in
You are not doing your job as instructed our jobs are on the line if we start losing our share of the packet market. If you do a regular walk you get to know who you can leave packets with and the duty holder should make you aware of them.gimba wrote:I don't leave with neighbours, purely because I don't like accepting them myself when home
Someone else's parcel shouldn't become responsibility for someone else not on the address
The neighbour could possibly be on night shifts and sleep during the day, ain't no way I'm waking them up for something absolutely nothing to do with them
-
DrSatan
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
- Gender: Male
Parcels but no one in
Common sense does apply. If it looks like no one is home or asleep, (curtains not opened yet etc) then don't try them. Waking neighbours early on a Saturday morning for a parcel not for them isn't very welcomed!cpsteve wrote:You are not doing your job as instructed our jobs are on the line if we start losing our share of the packet market. If you do a regular walk you get to know who you can leave packets with and the duty holder should make you aware of them.gimba wrote:I don't leave with neighbours, purely because I don't like accepting them myself when home
Someone else's parcel shouldn't become responsibility for someone else not on the address
The neighbour could possibly be on night shifts and sleep during the day, ain't no way I'm waking them up for something absolutely nothing to do with them
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Parcels but no one in
100% right common sense. We start at a time most people are up so its not hard to get a good percentage of packets delivered, i can not understand the im not doing that mob. What i do understand is some posties have not got the time i am lucky that most days i have 15/30 mins leeway.DrSatan wrote:Common sense does apply. If it looks like no one is home or asleep, (curtains not opened yet etc) then don't try them. Waking neighbours early on a Saturday morning for a parcel not for them isn't very welcomed!cpsteve wrote:You are not doing your job as instructed our jobs are on the line if we start losing our share of the packet market. If you do a regular walk you get to know who you can leave packets with and the duty holder should make you aware of them.gimba wrote:I don't leave with neighbours, purely because I don't like accepting them myself when home
Someone else's parcel shouldn't become responsibility for someone else not on the address
The neighbour could possibly be on night shifts and sleep during the day, ain't no way I'm waking them up for something absolutely nothing to do with them