I find nothing strange about that comment. As a Reserve you don't know the customers, and can't be expected to know all the little hidey-holes where customers like their parcels to left. Unless the Duty Holder leaves you a fistfull of cards with "EVERYONE's" special requests.... that'd take you half an hour to read, never mind remember!Interested-seeker wrote:
That is funny because I find it is the duty holders at my office who sign for stuff. I get their customers disapproving of me because I won't do the same for them.
The only thing I expect from a Reserve is to deliver my duty when I have a Day Off, or Leave, That's what surprised me when a few customers told me how he'd been door-stepping, and signing for parcels.
IMO you're doing the right thing, I can understand how some customers might not understand. You do have the "Get out of Jail Free Card"... "Sorry I'm only the Reserve, I don't know about any of your arrangements with your Regular Postie".