ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Post by robbertwhitton »

Eventually got mine stopped after 3 attempts,stating the contents bare little resemblance of the company and conditions that I work for,seems to have done the trick
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Post by k979aaa »

IT does have its upsides to it my van got cleaned in and out about 5 years ago and was featured with World Class Mail women can still smell the perfume now! Still don't know where the tenner went though!
Northbynorthwest
Posts: 18
Joined: 02 Mar 2013, 12:06
Gender: Male

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Post by Northbynorthwest »

Yes, been going for years and used to be a newspaper style. I have all mine in leather binders.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Post by rubberbond »

Northbynorthwest wrote:Yes, been going for years and used to be a newspaper style. I have all mine in leather binders.
Are you hoping it's going to be worth something soon? Probably will be worth more than the shares.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Post by maisymoo04 »

Northbynorthwest wrote:Yes, been going for years and used to be a newspaper style. I have all mine in leather binders.
nice :shock: :nervous :nervous :nervous :nervous :nervous
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
smok3y666
Posts: 754
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
Gender: Male

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Post by smok3y666 »

Decky Boy wrote:First I've heard of a 5 day operation. Please state your source ?
I was going to post about this. We had our WTL this morning and the rep brought something up about a 5 day week and then out manager chimed in with that there's a rumor going around higher up they want to lose 20,000 staff and get rid of Saturdays. Our rep did add on at the end though that we'd be working Sundays before that happened. So maybe the other persons source is the same as mine? Our DoM has heard someting higher up.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4116
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Post by ted_e_bear »

Well mines turned up and I can't believe I've actually read it, particularly like the back page where you write in with the strangest thing you've seen on your walk, the winner gets £50, this edition the winner said he'd seen a ghost. Anyway reckon I'm in with a chance I bumped into Elvis last week !
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Post by citypostie »

smok3y666 wrote:
Decky Boy wrote:First I've heard of a 5 day operation. Please state your source ?
I was going to post about this. We had our WTL this morning and the rep brought something up about a 5 day week and then out manager chimed in with that there's a rumor going around higher up they want to lose 20,000 staff and get rid of Saturdays. Our rep did add on at the end though that we'd be working Sundays before that happened. So maybe the other persons source is the same as mine? Our DoM has heard someting higher up.
Sundays will be for parcels only not mail so there wouldn't be that many needed to work, so if Saturdays did go everyone wouldn't automatically have to work sundays
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Post by Brandy »

Deadly wrote:Just out of interest, how long has the Courier been around?
Too long! :shhhhh
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Post by k979aaa »

Brandy wrote:
Deadly wrote:Just out of interest, how long has the Courier been around?
Too long! :shhhhh
Do you still get a copy after you have left the now business as it now has become?
yellowbelly
Posts: 3730
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Post by yellowbelly »

k979aaa wrote:
Brandy wrote:
Deadly wrote:Just out of interest, how long has the Courier been around?
Too long! :shhhhh
Do you still get a copy after you have left the now business as it now has become?
I deliver some to RM pensioners.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Post by Brandy »

k979aaa wrote:
Brandy wrote:
Deadly wrote:Just out of interest, how long has the Courier been around?
Too long! :shhhhh
Do you still get a copy after you have left the now business as it now has become?
Yes and I look forward to every copy! LOL!
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.

Post by crimson king »

ted_e_bear wrote:Well mines turned up and I can't believe I've actually read it, particularly like the back page where you write in with the strangest thing you've seen on your walk, the winner gets £50, this edition the winner said he'd seen a ghost. Anyway reckon I'm in with a chance I bumped into Elvis last week !
Ha, yes, that was f***ing bizarre! And how did that win over a Bengal tiger anyway?

You know what I love most about Courier threads? The outbreak of 'oh, I remember when I used to get that/ just kill it off/ return it to sender/ these happy smiling dipshit people bear no resemblance to the grumpy, miserable f***ers I work with' comments.

Every. Single. Time.

I love it. I'm going to construct a drinking game around it. :nana
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.