NWpostie wrote:Going off the earlier posts, I will decide not to deliver any political leaflet except The Brexit Party as the rest conflicts with conscience, I'm sure Labour and Momentum will be very understanding of my choices.
Why would Labour (and Momentum?) even know?
Do you think RM are going to write to them to tell them that NWpostie isn't delivering their leaflets?
RM has a responsibility to ensure the leaflets are delivered and so they will be delivered by someone else.
Have you delivered election material for these candidates in the past?
You might be required to explain why you have had this massive change of conscience.
I once worked in an office where a bloke refused to deliver Labour leaflets because his brother had died in iraq (IIRC) and he felt as Labour had led the country into an illegal war they were in part responsible for his brother's death.
That is what the conscience clause is there for not for people to show us how big their Brexit willy is.
Labour members on this site and elsewhere do make a lot of noise about refusing to deliver UKIP or Brexit Party leaflet.
Its worth pointing out that the conscience clause works both ways.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
NWpostie wrote:
Its worth pointing out that the conscience clause works both ways.
Absolutely. And so so it should.
I have no problem with anyone declining to deliver leaflets for any party they have issues with. In the past I've declined to deliver BNP leaflets on the grounds that they were a blatantly racist party (a judgement which the courts rather belatedly came to also), but any genuinely held feeling is fair enough.
What I do object to is people pretending to have an objection simply to avoid work.
NWpostie wrote:
What I do object to is people pretending to have an objection simply to avoid work.
Even forced overtime?
Totally incorrect on all counts.
The original point being that anti Tory elements wanting non delivery of right wing material while expecting a free run without objections or harrassment even thrown milkshakes.
The objection clauses cuts both ways. If they don't like it. Tough.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
lillywhite wrote:Few years ago I refused to deliver BNP leaflets in our area,the only one in an office of over 50,lack of morals was infuriating.
Every day i deliver mail that i do not think should be delivered the elderly are targeted big time but i do it its my job. I have faith in the people to bin the extreme rubbish i have seen how the elderly are taken in by the you have won crap that concerns me more.
its been explained how it isnt forced overtime on this and other threads on this forum.
Youre right, they cant force overtime and you can insist on cutting off at your scheduled finish time regardless if you have leaflets or not.
What you cant do however, is take the leaflet payment and then want to cut off on your normal time. If you accept the payments, youre accepting the OT.
Seems like some people may want it both ways.
If you refuse to deliver you will be moved of your duty till they have been done for that location could be a week and your day off may change to but you cannot be forced to deliver any leaflet by any party!