ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Election Leaflets and Polling Cards

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
exetererica
Posts: 152
Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 11:21
Gender: Male

Election Leaflets and Polling Cards

Post by exetererica »

.
Last edited by exetererica on 20 Apr 2020, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

Election Leaflets and Polling Cards

Post by postmanzach »

I’m in the union and fully support it but call
Me crazy but why do we get paid extra, it’s our job to deliver mail right?!
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

Election Leaflets and Polling Cards

Post by postmanzach »

What BS. You let your manager know you need to be finished on time so you estimate what you will be leaving. It’s clear and precise enough anyway where we work. You need to communicate with your union rep and manager clearly the problems. f***s me off people complaining about going over every day when their is absolutely no obligation to do so.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Election Leaflets and Polling Cards

Post by Seymour Buts »

If I go over I don't claim for them and just book. You get what, 3 quid per 100? Before tax?
exetererica
Posts: 152
Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 11:21
Gender: Male

Election Leaflets and Polling Cards

Post by exetererica »

.
Last edited by exetererica on 20 Apr 2020, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Election Leaflets and Polling Cards

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

exetererica wrote:
This post proves how crap our union is.

No limit on our rounds

No respect for our right to a family life

No regard for dignity and respect

No joint agreement on cut off procedure.

100% union to blame
What, do you consider management are blameless even though every point is specifically their responsibility.

There is a joint national agreement on cutting off - its in downloads and is called Overunning Delivery Procedure.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Election Leaflets and Polling Cards

Post by Rapidryan88 »

Lovely, my already hard route is going to be even harder. So much political crap to be delivered.
bardeh
Posts: 42
Joined: 01 Feb 2019, 23:04
Gender: Male

Election Leaflets and Polling Cards

Post by bardeh »

So far we've already had the Brexit Party ones (extremely unpleasant seeing Nigel Farage's smug face hundreds of times a day) and Labour, today the Greens turned up. As a part time reserve I have no idea how I'm gonna go about getting paid for these, there doesn't seem to be a system in place. What's even worse is that the D2D's for the round I'm covering this week haven't even been thrown off yet because there's apparently only been enough time to throw off the Brexit Party ones and some of the Labour ones. It's ridiculous. Someone came past my frame today and implied that I've been lazy by not throwing any of this crap off, but there is literally no time. I come in at half 8, my frame has not even begun to be prepped, so I rush around getting it prepped and tied up so that we can get out the door at a reasonable time, the round is long and far from the DO so there is no chance of finishing early even on a 'light' day like today. It's impossible.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Election Leaflets and Polling Cards

Post by Celgar »

bardeh wrote:So far we've already had the Brexit Party ones (extremely unpleasant seeing Nigel Farage's smug face hundreds of times a day) and Labour, today the Greens turned up. As a part time reserve I have no idea how I'm gonna go about getting paid for these, there doesn't seem to be a system in place. What's even worse is that the D2D's for the round I'm covering this week haven't even been thrown off yet because there's apparently only been enough time to throw off the Brexit Party ones and some of the Labour ones. It's ridiculous. Someone came past my frame today and implied that I've been lazy by not throwing any of this crap off, but there is literally no time. I come in at half 8, my frame has not even begun to be prepped, so I rush around getting it prepped and tied up so that we can get out the door at a reasonable time, the round is long and far from the DO so there is no chance of finishing early even on a 'light' day like today. It's impossible.
Ask your DOM or PHG for a sheet to fill in for the election materials.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.