Not much point in counting out several hundred of them. If there are scales in your office, count out something like 20 and weigh them (A). Then weigh the whole lot of them (B). Divide A by 20. Divide B by that number. There's your item count.
If they're somehow paying out OT on top of the polling card payment then by all means fill your time counting every single one.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Polling card payments
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3357
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
The machine stops.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Polling card payments
lol, I've been told nothing about having to fill out a form by anyone. Wonder if I will.
Do we get paid extra for the Lib Dem leaflets? is that automatic? part of the delivery supplement?
Do we get paid extra for the Lib Dem leaflets? is that automatic? part of the delivery supplement?
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
Yes you get paid extra for them and the others like the Brexit party one we had for every house. You fill out the sheet and list each party mail out with the number you've delivered, unless your manager is going to do it for everyone in the office!norris9 wrote:lol, I've been told nothing about having to fill out a form by anyone. Wonder if I will.
Do we get paid extra for the Lib Dem leaflets? is that automatic? part of the delivery supplement?
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Polling card payments
Automatically?citypostie wrote:Yes you get paid extra for them and the others like the Brexit party one we had for every house. You fill out the sheet and list each party mail out with the number you've delivered, unless your manager is going to do it for everyone in the office!norris9 wrote:lol, I've been told nothing about having to fill out a form by anyone. Wonder if I will.
Do we get paid extra for the Lib Dem leaflets? is that automatic? part of the delivery supplement?
I don't need to fill out a claim for do I?
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Polling card payments
I done a fair amount 2 weeks ago and still haven't been paid, I dont do them anymore 
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Polling card payments
Can you refuse to do them? I guess you should be allowed to if they are not paying you.FirstPost wrote:I done a fair amount 2 weeks ago and still haven't been paid, I dont do them anymore
I did some the past days, no idea how many, but no manager has told me that I can claim payment for them, how could I now anyway? I have no idea how many I posted.
-
itinerant
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
We had a form to complete. Some bundles had stickers on them with the number of leaflets/cards so you just put that number down and deliver the lot, others did not so you had to count/estimate. I am a reserve and filled in 1 form last week for 1 duty (polling cards and liberal democrat leaflets) and another yesterday on a different duty (this time Brexit leaflets). Almost 800 in total so should be almost £40 (I think the rate varies at different offices but we are due 4.8p per item).norris9 wrote:Can you refuse to do them? I guess you should be allowed to if they are not paying you.FirstPost wrote:I done a fair amount 2 weeks ago and still haven't been paid, I dont do them anymore
I did some the past days, no idea how many, but no manager has told me that I can claim payment for them, how could I now anyway? I have no idea how many I posted.
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Polling card payments
dont forget you will be taxed on thatitinerant wrote:We had a form to complete. Some bundles had stickers on them with the number of leaflets/cards so you just put that number down and deliver the lot, others did not so you had to count/estimate. I am a reserve and filled in 1 form last week for 1 duty (polling cards and liberal democrat leaflets) and another yesterday on a different duty (this time Brexit leaflets). Almost 800 in total so should be almost £40 (I think the rate varies at different offices but we are due 4.8p per item).norris9 wrote:Can you refuse to do them? I guess you should be allowed to if they are not paying you.FirstPost wrote:I done a fair amount 2 weeks ago and still haven't been paid, I dont do them anymore
I did some the past days, no idea how many, but no manager has told me that I can claim payment for them, how could I now anyway? I have no idea how many I posted.
-
itinerant
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
and there was I thinking it was tax free ...FirstPost wrote:dont forget you will be taxed on thatitinerant wrote:We had a form to complete. Some bundles had stickers on them with the number of leaflets/cards so you just put that number down and deliver the lot, others did not so you had to count/estimate. I am a reserve and filled in 1 form last week for 1 duty (polling cards and liberal democrat leaflets) and another yesterday on a different duty (this time Brexit leaflets). Almost 800 in total so should be almost £40 (I think the rate varies at different offices but we are due 4.8p per item).norris9 wrote:Can you refuse to do them? I guess you should be allowed to if they are not paying you.FirstPost wrote:I done a fair amount 2 weeks ago and still haven't been paid, I dont do them anymore
I did some the past days, no idea how many, but no manager has told me that I can claim payment for them, how could I now anyway? I have no idea how many I posted.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
1) If you don't fill in a form with all your details and numbers you won't get paid a penny for delivering them.
2) The election leaflets have differing number of days to deliver them in.
3) You will get paid the same figure for every poll card and leaflet you deliver. The amount varies from DO to DO. We are getting 6.6p per leaflet before stoppages.
4) No need to guess the numbers or count them. If its one per delivery point just refer to your D2D sheet for how many delivery points you have on your walk. Most of the leaflets so far have come in bundles with stickers or bits of paper stating how many leaflets are in the bundle. Just write those figures on your sheet.
2) The election leaflets have differing number of days to deliver them in.
3) You will get paid the same figure for every poll card and leaflet you deliver. The amount varies from DO to DO. We are getting 6.6p per leaflet before stoppages.
4) No need to guess the numbers or count them. If its one per delivery point just refer to your D2D sheet for how many delivery points you have on your walk. Most of the leaflets so far have come in bundles with stickers or bits of paper stating how many leaflets are in the bundle. Just write those figures on your sheet.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.