ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Post by arnold cheshire »

Navalron wrote:
Ciderboy1957 wrote:Gents , looks like I am getting dismissed re no seat belt .If I resigned what notice do I give and what would I be entitled to , sweet face no doubt , 38 years service , thanx in advance
Please don't resign. You will be playing into their hands and will have no recourse to employment tribunal except for constructive/forced resignation. Also if you needed access to benefits you cannot claim any for 28 weeks as by resigning you have made yourself unemployed. There is a way round that and if it happens PM me and I will sort you out but it shouldn't come to that. Good luck.
Never resign
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16711
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Post by clashcityrocker »

arnold cheshire wrote: Never resign
Why not?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Post by Brandy »

Oh dear,oh dear after 38 years service,what has RM become? They should be ashamed. :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Post by Navalron »

clashcityrocker wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote: Never resign
Why not?
Would you resign after 38 years in the job for a stupid thing like what were talking about?.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Post by arnold cheshire »

Navalron wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote: Never resign
Why not?
Would you resign after 38 years in the job for a stupid thing like what were talking about?.
You'd be daft handed in your resignation .When you could get a two year serious . And you'd get no benefits
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16711
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Post by clashcityrocker »

Navalron wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote: Never resign
Why not?
Would you resign after 38 years in the job for a stupid thing like what were talking about?.
But that wasn't the question. Arnie Cheshire said "Never resign"
If the blade looks like it is going to drop sometimes it is better to walk away.
I would prefer to go to my next employment interview saying I had resigned rather than saying I was sacked.

What you call a stupid little thing is ultimately a sackable offence. Clearly there is bad blood in the office.
After 38 years in the job, the OP must be at least mid fifties. Would I want that sort of hassle day in day out, knowing there is a target on my back?
Life is too short. There are better things to do.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Post by arnold cheshire »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Navalron wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote: Never resign
Why not?
Would you resign after 38 years in the job for a stupid thing like what were talking about?.
But that wasn't the question. Arnie Cheshire said "Never resign"
If the blade looks like it is going to drop sometimes it is better to walk away.
I would prefer to go to my next employment interview saying I had resigned rather than saying I was sacked.

What you call a stupid little thing is ultimately a sackable offence. Clearly there is bad blood in the office.
After 38 years in the job, the OP must be at least mid fifties. Would I want that sort of hassle day in day out, knowing there is a target on my back?
Life is too short. There are better things to do.
Well never resign under the circumstances clash
jnob66
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 20:21
Gender: Male

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Post by jnob66 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
jnob66 wrote:Not even illegal if driving a goods vehicle on deliveries that is travelling no more than 50 metres between stops.
I really don't know why people insist on repeating this little nugget of nothingness.
RM policy is to wear the seat belt at all times.
I know it is royal mail policy to wear the seat belt but thought it was harsh to dismiss someone with 38 service for this. Posties should stick together not think its ok to get sacked for something like this.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Post by aiden01 »

jnob66 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
jnob66 wrote:Not even illegal if driving a goods vehicle on deliveries that is travelling no more than 50 metres between stops.
I really don't know why people insist on repeating this little nugget of nothingness.
RM policy is to wear the seat belt at all times.
I know it is royal mail policy to wear the seat belt but thought it was harsh to dismiss someone with 38 service for this. Posties should stick together not think its ok to get sacked for something like this.
Who's been dismissed??
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Post by Janet Brum »

Ciderboy1957 wrote:Gents , looks like I am getting dismissed re no seat belt .If I resigned what notice do I give and what would I be entitled to , sweet face no doubt , 38 years service , thanx in advance
You should fight it, don`t give up so easily :arrrghhh
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

I understand when u say fight it but no excuses for failing to wear it !
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Post by woody38 »

Ciderboy1957 wrote:I understand when u say fight it but no excuses for failing to wear it !
I except u thing u are to blame, but it is really being petty, as people on here have said people tie the seatbelt round the seat &. Worse, is there something your not saying because it seems there out io get u. You’ve being there a long time the job is crap, the staff not much better but surely u don’t want to go this way
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc

Post by Postie45 »

surely someones been caught with no seatbelt in the area before, your area union rep would know. If it hasnt resulted in sacking then its harder for RM to justify sacking on this occasion.