ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Firms asking name for security
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Firms asking name for security
I've had old folks blocks insist I sign in as a visitor before. I had a bit of a row but ultimately did so as I didn't have to heart to return the old timers birthday cards and mail. It's a judgement call I guess. Is it really that big a deal? Probably not. Is it over the top? Well unless you're going into an extremely high security area it is. It's worth asking a manager or rep what the official line is.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Firms asking name for security
Holden Magroin
Norma Snockers
Mike Oxhard
Norma Snockers
Mike Oxhard
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Firms asking name for security
Just give him your name deliver the mail and go.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Firms asking name for security
ASK his/her name and use that.
-
Fatboyslim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Firms asking name for security
Had this happen a while ago. I refused to give my name. So I just signed in 'Royal Mail". So security 'guard' got all hot and bothered. Then mentioned he had the right to search my vehicle on exiting. To drop tail lift etc. "You try it mate - I'll block your yard entrance - and call the old bill". Never bothered me again...
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Firms asking name for security
I don’t get the issue with giving your name
-
Stunners
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Firms asking name for security
Just say Pat
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Firms asking name for security
Don't tell him, Pike!Tinoblade wrote:I don’t get the issue with giving your name
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Firms asking name for security
Delivered parcels to a nuclear naval base in the past and never been asked for ID, name or anything. Cops & soldiers with real guns. Not a place where they let you leave a parcel unattended