Are they going to stop people driving if they don't enter their licence details?
Think one of the P/T'ers in our office hasn't had his licence checked the past two times as (surprise, surprise) he was
off on a Tuesday when they carried out the check and nobody chased it up.
deltaforce wrote:As it’s a legal obligation. I would say yes eventually
Best they come and brief us on it in a (currently non-existent) WTLL session then as they're supposed to - according to the LTB.....
mattycash wrote:I told my manager I would not be happy putting my license detail in the PDA, she said fine just bring your license in & she will do it the old way.
Can anyone from the union confirm whether it is now mandatory to do this on the PDA or whether we can insist on doing this check manually. I don't trust Royal Mail to keep my data secure.
I don't trust the PDA to wipe my details completely, I don't trust the way the PDA sends info as it is not secure. One of the easiest devices to hack is a PDA. I'm happy for them to check my license in the way they did it last.
If you are unhappy with the way RM are doing this, then refuse as it is your personal details that aren't being kept safe and it's your identity that could be stolen.
Is no personal data other then your driving licence number.
You just have to login as usual into the pda and input that, tick few boxes, that`s it.
I think is much better and easier than before.
Janet Brum wrote:Is no personal data other then your driving licence number.
.
That is the most important bit of personal data. Someone can create a fake driving licence with their photograph but with a valid driving licence number and so use that as ID to prove that they are you to apply for loans etc.
And where they get your name from to create that fake id?
The pda has only RM`s login wich is not true of someones name and surname in most cases.
All this data protection is just a big fuss in my opinion.
Janet Brum wrote:Is no personal data other then your driving licence number.
.
That is the most important bit of personal data. Someone can create a fake driving licence with their photograph but with a valid driving licence number and so use that as ID to prove that they are you to apply for loans etc.
Talking total and utter rubbish!! Also hacking PDAs give it a rest!! Just do it! So many people go out of their way not to do something. Well I’ll tell you what don’t do it then, get taken off your driving duty, get told there’s no longer a duty for you because you can no longer drive a Royal mail vehicle so ultimately there is no job for you. Goodbye, close the door on the way out