ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RTC policy fact v fiction
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12196
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
RTC policy fact v fiction
Time for all RM vehicles to have forward and reverse facing cameras?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
RTC policy fact v fiction
Fair enough. We can discuss it a little more if you so wish. We reached an impasse on this subject before and it got a little boring hence I suggested not discussing it further.A2B wrote:Celgar wrote:I'm not discussing this unpaid/paid subject as I have discussed it to death a while back. Just accept that in the DO I work in this is how it's done. If it's done differently in your DO then good luck to you.postman123dart wrote:reply to celgar,its not unpaid done as o/t in our officeIf you post a comment on here it will more than likely be discussed, it is what a forum is for!
Please be very careful driving a RM vehicle while not on duty, an accident could cause all sorts of problems
In our delivery office if you have a blameworthy RTC then the DOM books an appointment for you to be tested again to check if you are capable of driving safely. This test is booked to follow immediately when your duty ends on a day when you are at work. We do not get paid to do the test.
Regarding the comment about driving a RM van while not on duty if we are being tested by someone contracted by RM to test our driving skills we are instructed to do so by the DOM. It is not driving a van while not on duty even if we are not being paid.
I told you it was boring.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
RTC policy fact v fiction
The proximity bleepers are quite handy. The hire van I used today didn't have them but some RM vans have them on both the front and back.SpacePhoenix wrote:Time for all RM vehicles to have forward and reverse facing cameras?
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
RTC policy fact v fiction
Just an update on this,had fact finding meeting vwith boss and union rep,booked in for driving course on Wednesday,then decision on back on driving or conduct code,(union rep says conduct highly unlikely and common sense should be taken and get me back on my drivduty ASAP for the benefit of the unit )but who knows what they may think,I did make the point of the pressures on us all within this job to complete deliveries within the time given,anything can happen on your round to jeopardise your finishing time,some it won’t effect they just go quicker,at 57 I guess am getting old and simple not as quick and nor would I want to be,but each to there own,just looking for fairness common sense and consistency within management at local level,the driving course is a good refresher but ideally should be done on my routes to highlight hazards and advice on how best to deal with driving and delivery issues,but that won’t happen,
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
RTC policy fact v fiction
When I did the driving course it was done on my walk route. He concentrated on how to reverse while having the best view from the window & wing mirrors as my RTC involved reversing into a parked vehicle.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
RTC policy fact v fiction
Hi guys just an update,am now back driving and back on my duty following an investigation and a driving course assessment which came up quick due to a cancellation,I do get the policy and procedure is a bit ott at times,and many thanks to the union rep for his input and support,I did say I was tempted to pay for the minor bumper scuff on the other car myself to save all this upheaval,but hay,the boss just said don’t have another blameworthy accident,! Well I will certainly try my best,and it’s not until your sent out to other offices you realise either how good you have it or how badly run your office is etc