Report the incident to Your local Police.Either phone them or call into the station.Chalky13 wrote:I was bitten on the back of the leg last Monday, it’s now 10 days later and still my manager nor union have completed any paperwork for me.
It drew blood, large bruising left. The dog was on a lead, leapt from the other side of the owner, bit my coat, then leg as it went behind me.
When talking with the owner, it went for me again.
I’ve now passed the details to a solicitor as an insurance claim as RM and Union have done f**k all
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What can I use during dog's attack ?
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
Knowledge of addresses with problem dogs should be available to read. Never run away from or turn your back on a dog that is getting ready to attack you.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
Always confused me when Royal Mail said to keep your bag between you and the animal. What bag? I've never carried a bag. In the olden days my bag was on the bike and now it's on a trolley. Last time I was bitten the dog was loose in the street, I had no chance. There was nothing to protect myself with - no gates or fences for me to run behind. Luckily the bite wasn't that severe. In the heat of the moment it's a wonder I didn't boot the dog into next week - however it's not the dog's fault the owner was irresponsible enough to let it roam the street like that. I'm just glad it was me it went for and not a kid.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
Report it to the police , I've seen incidents where dog owners have received police cautions for this type of incident, it's the only way that people will take notice.arnold cheshire wrote:Report to dog warden f the mangerPhantom wrote:Report the attack to your DOM, don't deliver to the address until the DOM has been out and spoken to the occupants.
Get health and safety involved and the unit rep.
You can use any force necessary against any dog if they attack you.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
Celgar wrote:Knowledge of addresses with problem dogs should be available to read. Never run away from or turn your back on a dog that is getting ready to attack you.
Agreed. Don't turn your back, try and remain calm and assertive and firmly say ''stay'' or ''that's enough''... just treat it as if it's your own dog misbehaving.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
Shout at the Dog stop leave etc and I mean shoutwacko74 wrote:Celgar wrote:Knowledge of addresses with problem dogs should be available to read. Never run away from or turn your back on a dog that is getting ready to attack you.
Agreed. Don't turn your back, try and remain calm and assertive and firmly say ''stay'' or ''that's enough''... just treat it as if it's your own dog misbehaving.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
Typical RM yet again!!Chalky13 wrote:I was bitten on the back of the leg last Monday, it’s now 10 days later and still my manager nor union have completed any paperwork for me.
It drew blood, large bruising left. The dog was on a lead, leapt from the other side of the owner, bit my coat, then leg as it went behind me.
When talking with the owner, it went for me again.
I’ve now passed the details to a solicitor as an insurance claim as RM and Union have done f**k all
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
This works for most dogs, all the little c***s that have got ballsy with me, I shout them down and take a posture like I'm gonna kick the crap out of them, and they tend to back down.arnold cheshire wrote: Shout at the Dog stop leave etc and I mean shout
Wouldn't work with all dogs tho.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
I can understand what you are saying but if I hadn’t ran then I would have been attacked for certain. The dog only stopped and went away once I lept over a nearby fence! No sign of owner at any timeDecky Boy wrote:I would not recommend running unless you know for sure you can get to a place of safety ( inside a building or other side of gate) before the dog gets to youBest to face up to the hound and back away slowly ??? More often than not the owner will be near-by and have some sort of control over the badly trained beast... running just triggers and heightens the dog's natural instinct. Not advisable
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
You made a calculated decision and achieved the required outcome (leaping fences is not possible for many older posties...you did well
) Most dogs will outrun a human over anything but the shortest distance ?
-
glass joe
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 16:59
- Gender: Male
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
PDAs are the only thing you can defend yourself against a big dog.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
Wave your dog posting peg around it will frighten the dog offglass joe wrote:PDAs are the only thing you can defend yourself against a big dog.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
If a dog runs at you, a good kick in the balls helps. I did this umpteen years ago and the dog never bothered me again. The owner whimpered about me kicking the dog, I said yup and was never bothered again!
-
sean38
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 15:42
What can I use during dog's attack ?
simple a size 9 boot.Pancake123 wrote:Hello everyone,
It might be a stupid question, but I am wondering how to prevent dog’s bite.
Today I was attacked by two dogs (one property) ,Thank God I was quicker and escaped![]()
Nothing happened this time but just in case, Do you guys buying for example pepper gas or any other animal deterrent spray? Any ideas how to defend yourself ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
What can I use during dog’s attack ?
There is no actual legal definition of what is and what isn't reasonable force, however in the forces generally Reasonable force is anything that is not excessive and prevents or defends against an attack.Murdoch wrote:
I don't even know what reasonable force I can use to deal with such an attack.
In essence, if you kick out at a dog that's lunging for you, that would be reasonable. But if you knocked the dog out and continued to kick him, then you are beyond using reasonable force.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.