ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How bad have you got to be to not get through the probation?
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
How bad have you got to be to not get through the probation?
Aye, I wonder about the standards of recruits these days. Yes, its not their fault that there are on different deliveries every time but the jobs hardly rocket science. If someone is regularly making a few mistakes every day plus whilst also claiming 2 hours overtime, how low is the bar actually set??
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
How bad have you got to be to not get through the probation?
I think the quite stringent online testing should help eradicate the looney tunes & deadheads RM used to employ? When I get paired up with some old time postie I feel like Ive spent a day doing care in the community 
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
How bad have you got to be to not get through the probation?
Shame on you.You should show the older posties more respect.mattycash wrote:I think the quite stringent online testing should help eradicate the looney tunes & deadheads RM used to employ? When I get paired up with some old time postie I feel like Ive spent a day doing care in the community
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
How bad have you got to be to not get through the probation?
Eighteen years in and never seen a new recruit finish involuntarily.
I’ve seen vans crashed, licences lost through drunk driving, mail fed back into the system, door to doors sent back as excess when really the postie couldn’t be bothered, managers report office as clear when it’s not, about a million ghost hours booked, customers allowed to help themselves to a frame, people caught on the sick and abroad, and the only two people I’ve ever known sacked both involved long term stealing of post items - both were caught by police led investigations rather than suspicions raised by management (ie hands were tied).
Standards are remarkably low in practice.
I’ve seen vans crashed, licences lost through drunk driving, mail fed back into the system, door to doors sent back as excess when really the postie couldn’t be bothered, managers report office as clear when it’s not, about a million ghost hours booked, customers allowed to help themselves to a frame, people caught on the sick and abroad, and the only two people I’ve ever known sacked both involved long term stealing of post items - both were caught by police led investigations rather than suspicions raised by management (ie hands were tied).
Standards are remarkably low in practice.