ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pancake123
Posts: 34
Joined: 06 Nov 2018, 06:58
Gender: Female

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by Pancake123 »

Well,nobody in my office asked me about doing full time hours during the Christmas period,so I cut off every single day no matter how much work we got.Everyday my van's partner must go back to the office before 3 o clock because of me,that is why I am there about 15 min earlier day by day.
There is more people cutting off or simple not taking more work than usual and they finish abot 2.30-2.45 and straight go home.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

There is a process where BEFORE the Christmas Pressure Period the DOM should ask Part Timers if they want to made up to Full Time... Just for that period. That solves the problem for him, and more importantly for you. However Christmas always seems to catch most Managers out every year! :crazy:

So basically they will expect all PTers to suddenly start doing every hour The Mail God sends........ and invariably screw up your overtime at the same time. IMO you are doing exactly the right thing by using the over running procedure on a daily basis. :thumbup I believe You will only be paid the Christmas Bonus Pro Rata, regardless of hours worked, and after Christmas it'll be back to your original contract without a "Thanks for your help over Christmas" :thumbdown

Slightly concerned that you say you're getting there earlier day by day. :hmmmm I hope you're getting paid for it? Don't get pressured by your Partner, if he's Full Time and wants to get out early he should help you with your prep. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)