ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked items question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
GoingPostal86
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 132
Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
Gender: Male

Tracked items question

Post by GoingPostal86 »

Celgar wrote:
GoingPostal86 wrote:Is cutting off mail to deliver tracked a standard thing in this company?

I know specials obv need done before the time limit.

I had to bring back a ton of letters and untracked parcels the other day, on a duty I have never been on AND had to throw into the frame, in favour for the tracked stuff.

Ofc manager said I would have plenty of time to finish... Did I bugger #yawn
If nothing else gets delivered the SDs and Tracked items have to be delivered each day. This is standard policy even if everything falls apart and whole walks cannot be delivered. RM already knows these kind of problems are going to arise this Christmas so non parcel type mail items will be set aside completely or given second priority this year. Last year was bad -this year is going to be much worse in terms of cards being delivered way after Xmas day.
Does that include leaving out regular packets for streets you manage to deliver mail to?

I got a few bundles of mail delivered early on before I cut to do tracked and specials but didnt have time to sort through and do the regular packets for those same houses. There was so many #tistheseason
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

Tracked items question

Post by Decky Boy »

Streaming of mail ( I thought ) is forbidden ! Though I am aware opgs may be instructed to focus on getting tracked items delivered on particularly heavy days ! ! ! This no doubt happens as Tracked Items are used to measure delivery conformity and also because Tracked Items are primarily from business customers that we as a business do not want to loose ???

For obvious reasons SD Items are always prioritised and must be delivered to spec.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3730
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Tracked items question

Post by yellowbelly »

Biker Mouse wrote:
Mezza wrote:
Biker Mouse wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
GT85 wrote:If a recipient gets a "delivered to your safe place" text, does it now include a copy of the photo that the postie has taken ?
Don't know if the text does but if you check through the RM Track and Trace facility on the website you get the photo. Might depend upon
your mobile text messaging settings whether you get the photo.
Ina word, no.
It’s only visible to rm managers.

It certainly isn't only visible to RM management.
I've dealt with customers in the callers office that have showed me photos of items supposedly left, that they are claiming were not there.
They've got these photos from track and trace.
I believe they have to request to see the photos and they are emailed to them.
No they don't - I did a 'Safe Place' photo for one of my own personal parcels to see what happened and a photo comes up on RM Track and Trace - definitely!!!!