Our Fuhrer issued no such demands ! ! !Celgar wrote:
Best advice is to stop delivering once it reaches 1600 and return any remaining mail to the DO for delivery the following day. Those were the orders of our DOM last Xmas.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
High vis- offcial rules
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
High vis- offcial rules
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
High vis- offcial rules
For OP... Check out the post box/ letters section in the latest courier ...the answer to the letter about hi-viz tabards has the official RM stance on wearing them.
Can't believe the Courier came in useful for something other than lining the cat litter tray.
Can't believe the Courier came in useful for something other than lining the cat litter tray.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
High vis- offcial rules
Who wants to answer the door in the dark nowadays unless you are expecting someone to call. RM have it all wrong - the earlier you can get out on delivery the more likely you will find people in to accept or sign for parcels. They think the reverse is the case.Decky Boy wrote:Our Fuhrer issued no such demands ! ! !Celgar wrote:
Best advice is to stop delivering once it reaches 1600 and return any remaining mail to the DO for delivery the following day. Those were the orders of our DOM last Xmas.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
High vis- offcial rules
I wear a Hi-Vis all day, can't see the problem.
I do have to cross roads throughout my duty, and are I'm always getting in and out of the van on main roads. The standard of Driving locally is abysmal, there's a high percentage of older drivers who shouldn't be on the bloody road! I feel a lot safer with a Hi-Vis on. I also think it'll look better on my compensation form when I state, "Despite wearing a Hi-Vis tabbard, the Blind Old Bat said she hadn't seen me and ran me over"!
I also find it's not a bad windproof layer, if it's a bit windy but not bad enough to put your coat on. As for being to heavy, or hot, to wear......
I've worn a damn sight heavier, and hotter, kit in a previous life! If they're getting faded just order another one... It's really not that difficult. 
I also find it's not a bad windproof layer, if it's a bit windy but not bad enough to put your coat on. As for being to heavy, or hot, to wear......
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
High vis- offcial rules
CFT in tropics and desert - I have the t-shirt as wellDorset Plodder wrote:! I've worn a damn sight heavier, and hotter, kit in a previous life!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.