ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Taking your dog on delivery
-
lala
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Taking your dog on delivery
Surely some pets are allowed? What about postman pat taking Jess?
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Taking your dog on delivery
I think this idea is quite literally barking mad.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Taking your dog on delivery
Well postman pat took a cat on delivery with him so is that allowed? 
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Taking your dog on delivery
The person I know does it on a rural duty, pretty sure dog stays in the van most of the time. Scared the s**t out of me when it come up behind me licking my leg in the sorting Office.NewPostieUK wrote:Even the quiet ones can get up to no good. Definitely not recommended. You have to keep your dog under close control at all times in a publc area, and what about walking up paths, that's private land. .. .a whole can of worms.deetee wrote: definitely not aloud .
Personally, I'd be horrified if a postman walked up my drive with a dog.
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Taking your dog on delivery
I wouldn't even have thought of bringing my dog and putting her through the misery that is my daily experience.
I merely asked the question because a few weeks ago when I started with RM the manager suggested I take her with me.
Then on Saturday I learned via the union rep that it was a sackable offence.
That is the very definition of a mixed message.
I merely asked the question because a few weeks ago when I started with RM the manager suggested I take her with me.
Then on Saturday I learned via the union rep that it was a sackable offence.
That is the very definition of a mixed message.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Taking your dog on delivery
On the flip side, if it was a service dog and not a guide, would that make a difference?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Taking your dog on delivery
maybe you could claim you didnt bring your dog along, it just follows you around stalker style :Very Happy
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Taking your dog on delivery
My own dog goes nuts just seeing our postie. He'd smash through the window if the postie also had a dog with him.