Before I worked in the Royal Mail, I always paid monthly with the exception of one job that was 4 weekly!
Being paid weekly was a budgeting problem for me at times. When I was paid 4 weekly that was really difficult, as it was a different date each 4 weeks. Trying to pay rent, council tax etc was very difficult. I told my local council that I was paid 4 weekly, they took all my details. They agreed this. 8 weeks later, I get a letter delivered summoning me to the magistrates court for non payment of council tax, they had lost my payments! They got a right bollocking, thats for sure!
Even though it worked out 13 salary payments in the year that 13th one never did give you any extra money.
I think monthly personally would be far too risky, if they made mistakes you wouldn't get your pay. Granted it's not good when they mess up your wages and your fuming, but at least you know now if you query it this week it should be sorted next week. If it did go to monthly, would there be a supplementary run like parcel force two weeks after pay? And if they don't get it sorted, will that mean another two weeks or a month for it to be then sorted?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Monthly pay
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Monthly pay
Just let four weeks wages to into your bank without spending any and at the end you will have 28 days salary which most council workers like my son get every month. Simple.