ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Early lunch
-
azza30
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
- Gender: Male
- Location: Eternal Misery
Early lunch
The thing is, in the job adverts and descriptions they state 'paid meal relief' and in your contract agreements form part of the contract. So according to my employment law lawyer acquaintance, they will be breaking there own contract of employment. 
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3359
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Early lunch
From the perspective of the person taking it, it very much does. It's the same way here for PT staff, and I take my break at that stupid time on principle. But then you have to ask the question: having only walked in the door 20 minutes ago, what am I taking a break from?Tomolo208 wrote:It makes literally no difference when you take your break.
The machine stops.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Early lunch
this is another thing that union needs to look at. Put in a rule that breaks arent to be taken before at least x hours into duty. Shame they have to make rules for every little thing, but too many managers are taking the piss.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Early lunch
Maybe the line manager/ DOM who pounced on you by the signing in bench wanting to know why you didn't complete the day before (despite following procedure and telling them)/ demanding to know if you can go over today and finish and can you work your next day off?Mr Rush wrote:From the perspective of the person taking it, it very much does. It's the same way here for PT staff, and I take my break at that stupid time on principle. But then you have to ask the question: having only walked in the door 20 minutes ago, what am I taking a break from?Tomolo208 wrote:It makes literally no difference when you take your break.
Some mornings I feel like I've been there hours within ten minutes of these morale boosting 'meet and greets.'
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.