Most full time posties won't have two hours in their duty time each day where they have nothing to do. I do agree that it is less likely that part time staff will have any leeway within their duty to do lapsing/absorption. I'm basing that on regular comments on from part time staff that usually suggest the hours they are given are not enough to get the job done in let alone additional work.NewPostieUK wrote:They are also split evenly between Full Time and Part time. A full timer has an extra two hours every day in which he can 'absorb' any extra work.Postie45 wrote:these duties get evenly split between people who have enough time doing the same amount of lapsing as people who dont have enough time.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
Union should recognise 90% of harassment comes from managers trying to get posties to complete by working beyond paid hours when they clearly don’t want to. Obvious the psychometric testing is targeting these brute force over intellect types.
Start with a blanket message to all members simply reaffirming we have to work our paid hours but any more is voluntary, along with the overrunning procedure.
It’s not hard. I want to know an argument against my proposal please. Anyone.
Start with a blanket message to all members simply reaffirming we have to work our paid hours but any more is voluntary, along with the overrunning procedure.
It’s not hard. I want to know an argument against my proposal please. Anyone.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
I didn't say that. I said they have two hours more than a part timer in which to absorb work. I have 6 hours in which to absorb 30 mins work they have nearly 8. Two hours more.Celgar wrote:Most full time posties won't have two hours in their duty time each day where they have nothing to do.NewPostieUK wrote:They are also split evenly between Full Time and Part time. A full timer has an extra two hours every day in which he can 'absorb' any extra work.Postie45 wrote:these duties get evenly split between people who have enough time doing the same amount of lapsing as people who dont have enough time.
-
Shedend
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 04 Apr 2011, 07:52
- Gender: Male
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
As I have said before on here its as if I am working in a different Royal Mail. We only absorb to traffic levels. When the traffic is low we look at absorption. If on the day the traffic is above forecast then the absorption is cancelled. I don't work in London on the doorstep of CWU headquarters as has been said before. I do not get how so many offices are working outside of the national agreement on absorption.
-
lostinthepost
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 16:05
- Gender: Male
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
So, is it not also a 'reasonable request' to ask ANY member of staff who returns early to take that mail?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes - its classed as a reasonable request.
If you don't have the time - you don't.
Why should a member of staff who finishes fifteen minutes before his time be expected to take MORE work, when you have staff sat at home? I thought we all had a start and finish time nowadays?
-
Chris413
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 13 Jul 2018, 07:52
- Gender: Male
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
And! That comment I totally agree with, happens to much.lostinthepost wrote:So, is it not also a 'reasonable request' to ask ANY member of staff who returns early to take that mail?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes - its classed as a reasonable request.
If you don't have the time - you don't.
Why should a member of staff who finishes fifteen minutes before his time be expected to take MORE work, when you have staff sat at home? I thought we all had a start and finish time nowadays?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
lostinthepost wrote:So, is it not also a 'reasonable request' to ask ANY member of staff who returns early to take that mail?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes - its classed as a reasonable request.
If you don't have the time - you don't.
Why should a member of staff who finishes fifteen minutes before his time be expected to take MORE work, when you have staff sat at home? I thought we all had a start and finish time nowadays?
That would be classed as unfair treatment and would I suggest be worthy of a grievance.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
cmon now, the union may not be doing its best job all the time, but to think they approve bullying managers tactics is a stretchtommyrep wrote:The treatment being delivered by the DOMs upon regular posties is a disgrace and should be exposed for the scandal it really is, with the full backing of the Union at the very top.
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
Well. If they don't approve why did B&H cases soar since the introduction of the previous 5 year deal ?Postie45 wrote:cmon now, the union may not be doing its best job all the time, but to think they approve bullying managers tactics is a stretchtommyrep wrote:The treatment being delivered by the DOMs upon regular posties is a disgrace and should be exposed for the scandal it really is, with the full backing of the Union at the very top.
Why does it continue to rise ?
Why is it the MAIN topic of complaint on these threads ? almost every day !
Tell me what the Union top brass actually do ? The last deal was well known to have an expiry date for example, yet negotiations were still a full year behind ! Like did it creep up on them by surprise ? What were they doing up untill then ?
I strongly disagree with your attempt at sticking up for our Union. They fail members miserably. Take off the blinkers.
They have sat back on their laurels for years now and constantly sold its members down the river on multiple occasions in the process. It's a shameful disregard for the abusive treatment of their own members, contempt even !
What about sick leave due to stress for example, depression cases caused by bullying DOMs ? The amount of grievances - far less the ones never pursued or recorded.?
People pay their Union subs to have representation and some form of basic protection in their working environment, the CWU at the very top level have let many members down big time.
The very simple basics of protecting members from bullying managers is proof of that failure. It Has gone on for years unchallenged - or the unscrupulous managers would have been disciplined, sacked or prosecuted for their blatant intimidation of posties. Or at least curtailed, not as rampant like it is now.
Wake up, see what they really " actually do " about that DOMs treatment of their members, then come back and tell me they take an interest. On the point of "not doing its best all of the time", dealing with persistent daily basic grass root problems should be a normal standard for Union business- why is it not ?
The biggest disappointment is RM know how ineffective and uninterested the Union are.
-
azza30
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
- Gender: Male
- Location: Eternal Misery
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
Listen. It is fecking simple. Work the job properly. Use your trolleys, don't use bags, take your breaks, knock up neighbors, wait at the door just in case it may be for the oldies, take your safe place photo, write your dockets out fully. Take the lapsing and tell them before you go out if you have time you will do it, if not you will bring it back. If they disagree say if you are back early you will take it out. Follow cut off procedure.
Don't be a great big fearty.
Walk out the door on your finishing time.
Forget about the inane beavis and buttheads and their special minions.
Get some self respect back.
Simples
Don't be a great big fearty.
Walk out the door on your finishing time.
Forget about the inane beavis and buttheads and their special minions.
Get some self respect back.
Simples
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
Sounds simple, doesn’t it !azza30 wrote:Listen. It is fecking simple. Work the job properly. Use your trolleys, don't use bags, take your breaks, knock up neighbors, wait at the door just in case it may be for the oldies, take your safe place photo, write your dockets out fully. Take the lapsing and tell them before you go out if you have time you will do it, if not you will bring it back. If they disagree say if you are back early you will take it out. Follow cut off procedure.
Don't be a great big fearty.
Walk out the door on your finishing time.
Forget about the inane beavis and buttheads and their special minions.
Get some self respect back.
Simples
So why does the tail wag the dog ? We have the ball at our own feet yet spend most of the game scoring own goals.
Madness I know, impossible to believe but that’s life in a modern DO.
I truly think the bulk of delivery OPGs are in need of therapy. It’s crazy I know, but posties generally moan on this site, many posties are easily intimidated.
My main gripe is if they cannot stand up for themselves it is obvious that the Union need to take the lead.
Just because they are mostly pussies on delivery, RM managers should not be allowed to treat people like they do just because they can get away with it ! They should be held to account and the Union should step up to the mark in defending their members from bullying abuse. They know it’s going on, time to stop burying their head in the sand. Protect their members because the are not able to do it for themselves, generally speaking. As I said mostly spineless pussies.
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 789
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
Was told today by the Lino that we have to do our lasping before our delivery and if we cut off we cut off on our own delivery. I cut off yesterday after they didn’t see a bulk posting coming i overran today and trying to get 20 minutes OT was like trying to get blood from a stone.
Since the agreement things have just got worse there trying to save 240 hours out the office a week union rep seems uninterested with his cushy number and no sign of terry and co the silence is deafening.
Since the agreement things have just got worse there trying to save 240 hours out the office a week union rep seems uninterested with his cushy number and no sign of terry and co the silence is deafening.
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 789
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
Spot on too many competing with each of trying to finish early and to many working for free.tommyrep wrote:Sounds simple, doesn’t it !azza30 wrote:Listen. It is fecking simple. Work the job properly. Use your trolleys, don't use bags, take your breaks, knock up neighbors, wait at the door just in case it may be for the oldies, take your safe place photo, write your dockets out fully. Take the lapsing and tell them before you go out if you have time you will do it, if not you will bring it back. If they disagree say if you are back early you will take it out. Follow cut off procedure.
Don't be a great big fearty.
Walk out the door on your finishing time.
Forget about the inane beavis and buttheads and their special minions.
Get some self respect back.
Simples
So why does the tail wag the dog ? We have the ball at our own feet yet spend most of the game scoring own goals.
Madness I know, impossible to believe but that’s life in a modern DO.
I truly think the bulk of delivery OPGs are in need of therapy. It’s crazy I know, but posties generally moan on this site, many posties are easily intimidated.
My main gripe is if they cannot stand up for themselves it is obvious that the Union need to take the lead.
Just because they are mostly pussies on delivery, RM managers should not be allowed to treat people like they do just because they can get away with it ! They should be held to account and the Union should step up to the mark in defending their members from bullying abuse. They know it’s going on, time to stop burying their head in the sand. Protect their members because the are not able to do it for themselves, generally speaking. As I said mostly spineless pussies.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
But the reality is a the "spare capacity for lapsing" is being artificially created by using overtime to advance the IPS.dingo wrote:Lapsing can take place where you have spare capacity ie not enough work to fill your paid for hours.
What agreement was that ever in?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Shedend
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 04 Apr 2011, 07:52
- Gender: Male
DO I HAVE TO LAPSE EVEN IF I HAVE TIME ?
Lapsing and absorption is based on traffic figures and nothing else. Not annual leave, sick leave or vacancies. If a unit is using early starts on overtime there is no absorption in that office because clearly the traffic is to high if they have to bring in early starts to get the work through the ips.clashcityrocker wrote:But the reality is a the "spare capacity for lapsing" is being artificially created by using overtime to advance the IPS.dingo wrote:Lapsing can take place where you have spare capacity ie not enough work to fill your paid for hours.
What agreement was that ever in?