ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16715
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.

Post by clashcityrocker »

I don't understand why the Special Deliveries allocated to your walk don't appear on the PDA in the same way collections do.
There are so many more now and some don't look like Specials, some don't require a signature, some say they don't and then do, some say they do and then don't and some "Specials" are identical to packets that are not treated like Specials.

If we were really flash we could have a display screen inside the lid of the HCT flashing which one was due to be delivered next, reminding you that they need to be done by 1pm and how many are still to be done.
Dear Moya ......
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.

Post by crimson king »

I've worked with a full timer who, when prepping, used to tie up letter specials with the mail if it was on a loop we'd get to before 1. Then not say anything to me about it.

So I'd trundle off thumbing through the numbers for each street, not realising there was "gold mail" lurking within. Then I'd get back to the van and they'd say 'get that special for number thirty two done okay?' :arrrghhh

This happened about four times before I got them to agree to either stop putting them in the bundles or at least tell me about them. And, if it helps the OP, not a dickie bird was said by management about these four specials that got posted through without getting a signature.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.

Post by greengiant »

Postie45 wrote:When you get your specials - WRITE THEM ALL DOWN on a piece of paper or card from the back of a cage. Keep the list and the specials in a tray.
Although not much room for a tray of specials in an HCT!

But is is a good idea to keep a list of the specials written down in order of delivery. I tend to put a "*" at the front of those ones which have to be done before 1pm, just to remind me to keep an eye on the time.

Any update MissKazzyB?
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Was it found the same day that you left it?
You said they showed you a photocopy of it? So why didn't they show you the actual letter?
If it was found the same day you left it behind (And maybe delivered before 1) then no real harm done apart from you leaving it behind obviously.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.

Post by Interested-seeker »

MissKazzyB wrote:Hi guys

I received a letter from my Dom this morning stating that I have a interview next week regarding as title state :-(((

I was called in office yesterday morning & asked why I left a special on my frame.
I explained that I genuinely didn’t realise I had.
I was showed a photo copy of it. I was truthful & said that tbh, I’m baffled as I really don’t understand what happened.
Anyway when I left to do my duty, I was thinking about how I could of left it & the only thing I could think of ......

Once I’ve put all my packets/Mail in trolley, i then go & get my specials & then I throw them in my frame, bundle them up in order to be delivered & as the one I left behind was on the top shelf & a letter - I must of not seen it as it was flat & im only 5.1 so couldn’t see up the top.

Hands up, yeah I forgot it but it was a genuine mistake.

Where do I stand with this ? And what do you guys think the outcome would be ?

EDITED........I’m on a walking delivery. I don’t put the specials in the bundles with all the other mail.
Once I’ve packed up my trolley then I get my specials & put them on the frame as to put them in order them I put them in a small bundle, just the specials (8) and put them at the top of my trolley so every time I open my trolley, I can see them to remind me. Hope that makes sense.
I didn’t deliver it that day as I wasn’t told that I left one behind until the following morning when I cane in so I wasnt even aware that I left one so I’m assuming that when someone was throwing up, that’s when they found it at the top & then took it to the Msnager.
I’m a part timer so don’t start until 9.30.

Thanks
Judging from your other threads, it sounds like your DOM has it in for you :thumbdown :(
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.

Post by Jpro747 »

You made a genuine mistake, you’re fairly new, i’d expect nothing more than a slap on the wrist. But Do NOT Go into the meeting without a rep. You are entitled to respresentation either a rep or a decent colleague!
gerrys
Posts: 33
Joined: 03 Sep 2011, 16:15
Gender: Male

Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.

Post by gerrys »

think jpro is right not crime of the century but as per advice when you go for your 'fact finding interview' [should you have one] make sure you bring union rep with you or at least someone who you can trust ......just be honest with manager as you have in this post and you should be ok.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.

Post by Brandy »

Its true what Interested Seeker says and its so disgusting and bloody unfair.The office I used to be in the DOM used to pick on certain people,me included,then when he found he couldnt wind them up anymore,he would turn his attention to someone else.Sometimes I used to wonder how they managed to be managers,but thats RM for you I am afraid.
Good luck Kazzy dont let them get you down,and just make sure you take a rep or someone you trust in with you.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.

Post by rehabron »

MissKazzyB wrote:Hi guys

I received a letter from my Dom this morning stating that I have a interview next week regarding as title state :-(((

I was called in office yesterday morning & asked why I left a special on my frame.
I explained that I genuinely didn’t realise I had.
I was showed a photo copy of it. I was truthful & said that tbh, I’m baffled as I really don’t understand what happened.
Anyway when I left to do my duty, I was thinking about how I could of left it & the only thing I could think of ......

Once I’ve put all my packets/Mail in trolley, i then go & get my specials & then I throw them in my frame, bundle them up in order to be delivered & as the one I left behind was on the top shelf & a letter - I must of not seen it as it was flat & im only 5.1 so couldn’t see up the top.

Hands up, yeah I forgot it but it was a genuine mistake.

Where do I stand with this ? And what do you guys think the outcome would be ?

EDITED........I’m on a walking delivery. I don’t put the specials in the bundles with all the other mail.
Once I’ve packed up my trolley then I get my specials & put them on the frame as to put them in order them I put them in a small bundle, just the specials (8) and put them at the top of my trolley so every time I open my trolley, I can see them to remind me. Hope that makes sense.
I didn’t deliver it that day as I wasn’t told that I left one behind until the following morning when I cane in so I wasnt even aware that I left one so I’m assuming that when someone was throwing up, that’s when they found it at the top & then took it to the Msnager.
I’m a part timer so don’t start until 9.30.
If you are being taken to a disciplinary then make sure you are accompanied.
First you will need to establish if the special you left was discovered in time so that it did not fail the customers time of delivery.
What time did your DOM do a final frame check and if late and the special failed your DOM has assisted in the failure.
This is unintentional delay as you had removed what you thought was all the specials in your frame and should it go to conduct then it should be recognosed as such.

Thanks
ballee
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Nov 2007, 19:21

Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.

Post by ballee »

Did you have a delivery to that address or either side of it that day. Justify why you
Would have deliberately left it. This DOM sounds a prick.