POSTMAN wrote:Why still the obsession with breaks, or rather not having them.
You've all had your revisions you all have on paper your duty structures why is it so hard.
Or is it a case of I'll do what I want.
Can I ask what you mean by this ? as I cannot be the only one who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about.
What you've never had a revision and you don't know your duty structure?
You don't know what time you start finish ect?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
POSTMAN wrote:Why still the obsession with breaks, or rather not having them.
You've all had your revisions you all have on paper your duty structures why is it so hard.
Or is it a case of I'll do what I want.[/quot
Can I ask what you mean by this ? as I cannot be the only one who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about.
What you've never had a revision and you don't know your duty structure?
You don't know what time you start finish ect?
You have a start & finish time, that’s it, 318’s are just a guide
POSTMAN wrote:Why still the obsession with breaks, or rather not having them.
You've all had your revisions you all have on paper your duty structures why is it so hard.
Or is it a case of I'll do what I want.[/quot
Can I ask what you mean by this ? as I cannot be the only one who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about.
What you've never had a revision and you don't know your duty structure?
You don't know what time you start finish ect?
You have a start & finish time, that’s it, 318’s are just a guide
If you haven't got proper breaks planned into your duties then you need to ask questions of the rep and whoever did your revisions.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Of course I know my start and finish times... the conversation was about breaks. It is very frustrating at times when so many acronyms are used in RM, there seems to be a fixation on using these codes, I have learned a few but then someone throws '318s' into the mix.....
Celgar wrote:
All I can say is at least you actually have somewhere to go to take your break. I think if more people had a decent non-work area they would take their breaks as well.
I think you're pretty lucky if you have a van to take a Meal Relief in nowadays. I remember discussing the problem of booking any outstanding Meal Relief left at the end of the day, with a DOM in the Bicycle Era. Basically it boiled down to, "So what you're saying is that if it's pissing down with rain, and blowing a gale, you expect us all to take the full 40 mins MR? Perhaps sheltering under an overpass while we eat a Mars Bar and take a swig of water"? He wasn't very sympathetic.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
A new line manager in my office seemed to know that I take my MR on delivery in a customers house,So he had obviously been told by someone (tittle tattler lol) he did say some wisecrack about not being allowed to take your MR in someones house."But boss,I was desperate for the toilet!" Just getting my story lined up lol
Breaks are usually in the wrong place. Usually they are plonked about 90 mins or so into an 8 hour shift. What utter rubbish! The CWU are guilty of agreeing to this at local level.
Also taking 20 minutes at the end of a shift is wrong in my opinion. A break is meant to be a break in your working day. Not a mechanism to enable people to get flyers.
deggyg wrote:I’m definitely not a runner, it was all down to the fact I refused to do lapsing.
I informed him that I was going to take half my break before I went out, that’s when he insisted I have it in the canteen.
I told him I can take it where ever I like, he just didn’t like the fact I was going to take my break, unlike the majority who don’t bother, and so accommodate lapsing
He has to treat all his staff the same or he is targeting you in which case put a grievance in against him
A few years back when it was snowing, an Old Biddy was the only person to offer me a Hot Drink. I said, "Thanks a lot but you see the end of these 4 houses..... well that's where I finish"!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
lala wrote:Why would we not be allowed to take a MR in a customers house?
If we had no mail on us at the time, then what would be the issue?
Some crap about leaving mail out of sight (in your van outside) i expect,or health and safety,or they think your skiving not actually having your official MR
awesomepenguin wrote:Breaks are usually in the wrong place. Usually they are plonked about 90 mins or so into an 8 hour shift. What utter rubbish! The CWU are guilty of agreeing to this at local level.
Also taking 20 minutes at the end of a shift is wrong in my opinion. A break is meant to be a break in your working day. Not a mechanism to enable people to get flyers.
We are our own worst enemy at times.
It's in the way forward agreement voted on and passed it is excepted even at management level that half of your meal relief can be taken at the end if you so wish you can take it all in one go or split it up and you can take it when you want not at the behest of management whims!
awesomepenguin wrote:Breaks are usually in the wrong place. Usually they are plonked about 90 mins or so into an 8 hour shift. What utter rubbish! The CWU are guilty of agreeing to this at local level.
Also taking 20 minutes at the end of a shift is wrong in my opinion. A break is meant to be a break in your working day. Not a mechanism to enable people to get flyers.
We are our own worst enemy at times.
It's in the way forward agreement voted on and passed it is excepted even at management level that half of your meal relief can be taken at the end if you so wish you can take it all in one go or split it up and you can take it when you want not at the behest of management whims!
awesomepenguin wrote:Breaks are usually in the wrong place. Usually they are plonked about 90 mins or so into an 8 hour shift. What utter rubbish! The CWU are guilty of agreeing to this at local level.
Also taking 20 minutes at the end of a shift is wrong in my opinion. A break is meant to be a break in your working day. Not a mechanism to enable people to get flyers.
We are our own worst enemy at times.
YES. CWU should've put the full 40 minutes break in the middle of your day. Waste time coming back to the office and then going back out. If everyone had to sign back for their break a lot of headaches would disappear. See it as the old 2nd delivery. I am so cheesed off with the 'runners' in my office. They get the pat on the backs.
.