dingo wrote:I think it opens on 9th March and closes around 26th March.
wow, another 5 weeks before we get the ballot, seems a long time.
Reckon we get back pay in the N.F.Y
(New financial year)
Correct, it says it in one of the various agreement posts - Payment not made until first quarter of 2018/19... we have to wait until April to June sometime
dingo wrote:I think it opens on 9th March and closes around 26th March.
wow, another 5 weeks before we get the ballot, seems a long time.
There will be a Divisional Reps meeting on Tuesday than a National Briefing Of all Branch’s on Weds and than 9 meetings across the country so every unit Rep has the agreement explained to them. Than Branch’s can decide their own recommendation to the agreement and most importantly as many members as possible to explain the agreement and hopefully a good turn out in the ballot.
Never mind the date for the ballot - what will actually appear on the ballot paper ? I have read the agreement and the latest Pensions proposal is vague in the extreme. Are the CWU going to come clean and explain the acceptance of a drop in the accrual rate from 1/60th to 1/80th and from DB to DC scheme per the CWU Reps Briefing 2017.
Also, are RM now going to publish revised pension quotations for CDC so that members have details available before ballot?
New CDC seems more akin to a targeted Section B than C.
So personally, I would like to see a caveat on the ballot paper that recognises that a CDC pension solution may never ever materialise. Why should we vote yes to the overall agreement without a fall back position that stops RMPP members being shafted by RM on Pensions ? RM will claim they honoured the spirit of the agreement BUT..............! they get their prefered cash balance in place anyway.
The CDC isn't that kind of pension scheme as such so there won't be a cast iron forecast. Its a bit more of a gamble as to the return. The UK government don't feel it will be a popular option for most people so I think they will be reluctant to bring it on the books so others can deploy the idea. We are sort of like guinea pigs to see if it will work. RM likes the idea of CDC because it moves more or all of the risk onto us. If there is a poor or bad return it will be on our heads.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Delay in the ballot will be for time to answer questions and for the union to sell you the deal. The pay rise if voted in will be delivered the first week of the new tax year, when the tax allowance also rises, which gives us about £1.34 extra, making the pay increase seem bigger
dingo wrote:I think it opens on 9th March and closes around 26th March.
Is there any firming up on these dates?
I know that no LTB has been released yet but is there any indication as to when the decision to hold the YES/NO ballot is going to be made? The precise dates will affect me as I intend taking NRA60 benefits in early April. Staggering to see that the decision on this deal is nearly 2 months away. Lord knows when any back-pay is forthcoming especially if there is a NO vote!