ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trying a neighbour???
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
I never try neighbors, I claim excess everyday so obviously I'd need my workload managing to allow the time to run around the neighbours houses
-
tone123
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 12:09
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
"the neighbours were all in" - how can she possibly know that if she wasn't there?
Neither can she say you didn't try another address. Not everyone answers even if they're in, especially on a Saturday morning. If they do you're more likely to get a complaint because you disturbed them for someone else's mail.
It's like the irritating dog we used to have next door. It would bark all day, every day but when I raised the matter with the owner I got the reply that "it doesn't bark when I'm not there". How would you f-ing know????!!!!!
Neither can she say you didn't try another address. Not everyone answers even if they're in, especially on a Saturday morning. If they do you're more likely to get a complaint because you disturbed them for someone else's mail.
It's like the irritating dog we used to have next door. It would bark all day, every day but when I raised the matter with the owner I got the reply that "it doesn't bark when I'm not there". How would you f-ing know????!!!!!
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
This is another thing that seems to be taken aboard the workload to be expected off every person on delivery without any regard to how time consuming it is.. I don't know who the bright spark(s) were that came up with the idea or who agreed to it, but my guess is they've not done a delivery in a while. If the houses are big houses, spaced apart with driveways you could waste a solid 5-10 minutes on 1 parcel/packet, by the time you write out a P739, walk to each door, knock & give them time to answer etc.
I do try neighbours, but completely at my own discretion, if I don't get an answer & I see activity in one of the neighbouring houses I'll give them a go & see if they'll take it, which is the way it should be in my opinion, it should be use your common sense & powers of deduction.
I do try neighbours, but completely at my own discretion, if I don't get an answer & I see activity in one of the neighbouring houses I'll give them a go & see if they'll take it, which is the way it should be in my opinion, it should be use your common sense & powers of deduction.
-
RandyBeanz
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 22:30
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
I'll only try neighbours if the houses are close together. How much time do they think we haveThatsNotPlumb wrote:This is another thing that seems to be taken aboard the workload to be expected off every person on delivery without any regard to how time consuming it is.. I don't know who the bright spark(s) were that came up with the idea or who agreed to it, but my guess is they've not done a delivery in a while. If the houses are big houses, spaced apart with driveways you could waste a solid 5-10 minutes on 1 parcel/packet, by the time you write out a P739, walk to each door, knock & give them time to answer etc.
I do try neighbours, but completely at my own discretion, if I don't get an answer & I see activity in one of the neighbouring houses I'll give them a go & see if they'll take it, which is the way it should be in my opinion, it should be use your common sense & powers of deduction.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Trying a neighbour???
[/quote]
I'll only try neighbours if the houses are close together. How much time do they think we have[/quote]
Me too. I'll leave it with a neighbour if it's quicker than writing out a docket!
My van-share colleague left a docket at the same house yesterday without trying a neighbour. Got to love Karma
I'll only try neighbours if the houses are close together. How much time do they think we have[/quote]
Me too. I'll leave it with a neighbour if it's quicker than writing out a docket!
My van-share colleague left a docket at the same house yesterday without trying a neighbour. Got to love Karma
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
I would card that house no matter what from now on if they are not in.peshwaarinaan wrote:
Me too. I'll leave it with a neighbour if it's quicker than writing out a docket!
My van-share colleague left a docket at the same house yesterday without trying a neighbour. Got to love Karma
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Trying a neighbour???
I like your thinkingCPTNemoUK wrote:I would card that house no matter what from now on if they are not in.peshwaarinaan wrote:
Me too. I'll leave it with a neighbour if it's quicker than writing out a docket!
My van-share colleague left a docket at the same house yesterday without trying a neighbour. Got to love Karma
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
I have a few delivery points who've given me unnecessary grief in the past over parcels. Now I don't knock quite as hard on the door as maybe I could and 739 them every time. Elephants & postmen never forget
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
The moral of the story is. Do not p*** off your postmanArthurPewty wrote:I have a few delivery points who've given me unnecessary grief in the past over parcels. Now I don't knock quite as hard on the door as maybe I could and 739 them every time. Elephants & postmen never forget
-
bloot
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 08 Oct 2015, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
what it says on the label , well , some say leave it in the blue bin , in the open shed , in the garage etc etc . its down to your own discretion i've been told , so should trying neighbours . I've brought it up with management , taken photos of these labels , dont leave it in bins they say, ok no problem , dont get on at me about complaints , these little sayings on labels should not be allowed to happen . 2 d bar codes , some labels have a note on them telling you to scan the top right barcode not the 2 d one on the left , far to much contradictory crap imo .peshwaarinaan wrote:Was out on delivery yesterday delivering to posh street with massive houses all spaced apart on a hill. Left a docket for a packet and didn’t try a neighbour (yes got a porch but locked). Half an hour later this old bag comes to find me waving her docket saying ‘this is ridiculous! I’ve only been out for half an hour, all my neighbours are at home!’. I say excuse me madam, if you can wait for ten minutes by the van I will get your packet for you.
Got back to the van and she’s fuming. ‘It says on here that a neighbour could have taken it in!!!! It’s Saturday and all my neighbours are home!!!! This is ludicrous! There are cars on all the drives! I’m sorry Madam I say, we are very busy today and if we went knocking on every door to find a neighbour our delivery would take a lot longer. I bet she’s going to complain. Any advice????
If i dont want to try a neighbour i wont . if i dont want to leave something in a garage i wont . Discretion , the freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation .
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
And deffo never leave anything in the porch if there's a big note taped to the door saying ' leave in porch'! I mean some people are just born with no sense or are much too trusting.
-
sjnb6
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 May 2013, 21:49
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
I only try the neighbour if she's fit
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3731
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
Dog next door? - Not a chance.
Saturday mornings? - Not a chance.
For parcel maniacs? - Not a chance.
Let a dog out the door on me before? - Not a chance.
Have to battle through a jungle or a scrapyard at your house or next door? - Not a chance.
Saturday mornings? - Not a chance.
For parcel maniacs? - Not a chance.
Let a dog out the door on me before? - Not a chance.
Have to battle through a jungle or a scrapyard at your house or next door? - Not a chance.
-
Alexei
- Posts: 222
- Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
A bloke at my office whos duty is busy with packets tried neighbours to get rid of them all. He seen it as easy overtime, and was later quizzed on why he is putting so much overtime in. His reply was 'You keep telling us to try neighbours and get our first time delivered stats up.' The manager then asked him to stop trying neighbours 
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
its also at the posties discretion to leave a parcel with a neighbour.