ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Post by aiden01 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
paranoid-android wrote:If people ask me what I do for a living, I tell them I'm an estate agent or a traffic warden ;liar
Ha ha. Reminds me of the joke..... When Little Johnnie's asked what his Dad does for a living he always says, "He's a Male Prostitute... he provides sexual favours for money" .... in private he'll confide, "I'd rather tell them that than admit he plays for... (insert football team of your choice)"! :Very Happy
:Very Happy :Very Happy
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Post by tonytucker »

No
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Post by wookie »

No. The job used to be someone who was part of the community. By that I mean helping pensioners, etc. My god, when someone went on holiday I had the key to the shed and fed their cat! Now, a private company, money orientated. Cuts/savings = Pressure/No time to talk. Tories wanted privatization, Labour did not fight it. Corbyn will never be able to Renationalize any company that has been made private. It WILL be a sad day if that happens to the NHS.
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Post by deristrong »

When I finish I don't immediately change into my civvies. If I was a traffic warden I would. Little kids and pensioners seem to like a Postie.
awesomepenguin
Posts: 122
Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
Gender: Male

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Post by awesomepenguin »

Absolutely not.

If anyone asked what I did for a living I always used to say I worked for the government. Can't even do that now after part privatization.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Proud to be a Postie - Yes

Proud to a CWU member - Yes, never hid that fact.

Proud to work for Royal Mail - sadly No.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16716
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Post by clashcityrocker »

wookie wrote: It WILL be a sad day if that happens to the NHS.
It is happening.
Branson probably owns your doctor's surgery.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
walkthewalk
Posts: 220
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
Gender: Male

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Post by walkthewalk »

I would rather walk the streets for a living than admit I was proud to work for the Royal Fail. :roll:
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Post by bmccoll »

Been in the job over 30 years and am proud to be a Postie. The locals know me, the missus often goes on about how an quick shop lasts for hours because my customers are stopping for a chat. I keep an eye out on my regulars, if one doesn't answer their buzzer for a couple of days I knock a neighbour's door. But being proud to work for RM, NAW. They are running the job into the ground. Profits over people.
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Post by nickbsmooth »

I don't tell anyone who I work for or what I do, unless directly asked. I'm not proud working for RM, the company doesn't give me any reason to be.
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Post by Alexei »

I am proud to be a postie, and often get good conversation with people finding it interesting. Although the conversation near enough always resorts to them having a moan about their postie, or a specific time they were unhappy with something RM related, and me usually highlighting the underlying issues at play as to why they have received their unsatisfactory service.

I have never said a good word about RM to anyone, unless used in satire, and never recommend them as an employer unless a person is willing to be bullied, exploited, and treated on a sub-human level by managers with no formal qualifications.
thekiddykid
Posts: 116
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Post by thekiddykid »

the only time I would recommend RM as a good employer is to someone I hated with a passion!!!! No way do I want any of my family working for this lot :no no
world class male
Posts: 906
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

That question - are you proud to work for rm?

Post by world class male »

Alexei wrote:
I have never said a good word about RM to anyone.
you are RM, you need to emphasise the workers of RM are great, those who run it, well aren't!