ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Orthotic Insoles?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by aiden01 »

peshwaarinaan wrote:How is the £30 paid? I also claimed £10 for my GP's note so I'm waiting for £40.
I get mine on a separate payslip. Paid through bookroom manager. You won't get paid for GPS note though.
ham2505
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 11
Joined: 30 Apr 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by ham2505 »

Go to your doctor , get a referral to your local nhs podiatrist and get custom made insoles .... I have had plantars for four years because of his job....You have too change your footwear regularly and make sure you see the podiatrist every 6/8 months as the insoles don't last forever....the insoles supplied in Magnums in particular are an absolute disgrace and wafer thin.....hope you get it sorted asap
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

answer=42 wrote:Orthotic insoles Full length with arch supports, metatarsal and heel Cushion for plantar fasciitis treatment
by Pro11 Wellbeing
Find them on Amazon. I had plantar fascitis unbelievable, thought I was done. Got these, got better. Can't praise them enough and wouldn't (daren't!) be without them again.
Thanks for tip. Ordered them on Amazon Prime and they arrived yesterday but haven't had time to try them out yet. I'm going to go back to my GP this week to discuss my various foot problems.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

aiden01 wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote:How is the £30 paid? I also claimed £10 for my GP's note so I'm waiting for £40.
I get mine on a separate payslip. Paid through bookroom manager. You won't get paid for GPS note though.
I was told I could claim the £10 back. It's the second note I provided as work said they needed one annually. I didn't even claim last year as it looked like it was too much hassle and I was right.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

ham2505 wrote:Go to your doctor , get a referral to your local nhs podiatrist and get custom made insoles .... I have had plantars for four years because of his job....You have too change your footwear regularly and make sure you see the podiatrist every 6/8 months as the insoles don't last forever....the insoles supplied in Magnums in particular are an absolute disgrace and wafer thin.....hope you get it sorted asap
Thank you ham2505.
NicoleJane693
Posts: 1
Joined: 06 Dec 2016, 16:12
Gender: Female

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by NicoleJane693 »

Is the claim amount for shoes still £30? I've been told different amounts by different people. I've had a problem with RM shoes to a point where one of my managers refused to order any more to try and to go get a GP note. So I did. I've been waiting for the note and received it yesterday.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by k979aaa »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
answer=42 wrote:Orthotic insoles Full length with arch supports, metatarsal and heel Cushion for plantar fasciitis treatment
by Pro11 Wellbeing
Find them on Amazon. I had plantar fascitis unbelievable, thought I was done. Got these, got better. Can't praise them enough and wouldn't (daren't!) be without them again.
Thanks for tip. Ordered them on Amazon Prime and they arrived yesterday but haven't had time to try them out yet. I'm going to go back to my GP this week to discuss my various foot problems.
Please let us all how you go on with them I use Foot Active and they do the job for shin splints but not everything else.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by aiden01 »

NicoleJane693 wrote:Is the claim amount for shoes still £30? I've been told different amounts by different people. I've had a problem with RM shoes to a point where one of my managers refused to order any more to try and to go get a GP note. So I did. I've been waiting for the note and received it yesterday.
yes £30
woody
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Sep 2007, 15:08

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by woody »

Hi Everyone I have been suffering with plantar fasciitis for 2 years and the last 4 months have been unbearable in both feet it controls your life i have heard good things about these http://www.tommymoch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; anything is worth a try when you have this life changing pain i am waiting for mine and hope they help after every treatment you can think of i will try anything and thank you theargyspy for the sole-mate .eu link I have also ordered some of them take care fellow sufferers [/i]
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

My foot problems have been unbearable this week. I saw a Physiotherapist today. She said my arches have completely collapsed and that I have PF in addition to Metatarsalgia (she didn't say in so many words but my feet are completely f****d). I was walking around today and it felt like a was walking on the pavement with no shoes on. I am being referred back to Podiatry. She said I should get Occupational Health at work involved as my feet are so bad. Has anyone been down this road? I seriously think I am going to have to look for another job as I am in so much pain but I love this job. I have pain in my hip, neck and shoulders but that's because my posture is so bad because of my feet.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

woody wrote:Hi Everyone I have been suffering with plantar fasciitis for 2 years and the last 4 months have been unbearable in both feet it controls your life i have heard good things about these http://www.tommymoch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; anything is worth a try when you have this life changing pain i am waiting for mine and hope they help after every treatment you can think of i will try anything and thank you theargyspy for the sole-mate .eu link I have also ordered some of them take care fellow sufferers [/i]
woody, did it work????
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

theargyspy wrote:I have been suffering with plantar fasciitis for a while, could hardly walk, one of my colleagues recommended these

https://sole-mates.eu/

Only got them today so early days but a huge improvement already

handy thing is they have a return policy if you don't get on with them
Ordered!!!! Fingers and toes crossed!
grandypants
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by grandypants »

theargyspy wrote:I have been suffering with plantar fasciitis for a while, could hardly walk, one of my colleagues recommended these

https://sole-mates.eu/

Only got them today so early days but a huge improvement already

handy thing is they have a return policy if you don't get on with them
Had these in for 3 weeks brilliant highly recommend them,they are a bit strange at first but they do work.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

grandypants wrote:
theargyspy wrote:I have been suffering with plantar fasciitis for a while, could hardly walk, one of my colleagues recommended these

https://sole-mates.eu/

Only got them today so early days but a huge improvement already

handy thing is they have a return policy if you don't get on with them
Had these in for 3 weeks brilliant highly recommend them,they are a bit strange at first but they do work.
I bought some yesterday! I tried them around the house but will be wearing them for work tomorrow.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by fly-catchers »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
grandypants wrote:
theargyspy wrote:I have been suffering with plantar fasciitis for a while, could hardly walk, one of my colleagues recommended these

https://sole-mates.eu/

Only got them today so early days but a huge improvement already

handy thing is they have a return policy if you don't get on with them
Had these in for 3 weeks brilliant highly recommend them,they are a bit strange at first but they do work.
I bought some yesterday! I tried them around the house but will be wearing them for work tomorrow.
How long did they take to arrive? Ordered a pair almost two weeks ago and still shown as processing on their web site! How have they worked out for you?