ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
how long is your delivery ?
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
how long is your delivery ?
wasn't the delivery span, meant to be no longer than 4.15 hours??? so why the discrepancy??
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
how long is your delivery ?
It's a 9 hour day and I work the entire 9 hours (inc break). I think some of you with 4 hour deliveries are going to be in for a shock going forward!
-
rjack
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 09:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: wales
how long is your delivery ?
I'm on a rural and it annoys me another driver finishes one and a half to two hours before I finish and he beeps his horn and waves every day as he passes me on delivery. I've asked if he can have some houses at the end of my route as it's a crossover but manager says no.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
how long is your delivery ?
No - that was removed under the 2010 deal. Now "The delivery Span is an enabler"osgoody1970 wrote:wasn't the delivery span, meant to be no longer than 4.15 hours??? so why the discrepancy??
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
how long is your delivery ?
3 hours first letter to last letter on a light day.
3 hours 30 on a heavy day.
10 minutes travel to first delivery point.
10 minutes travel back to the DO.
3 hours 30 on a heavy day.
10 minutes travel to first delivery point.
10 minutes travel back to the DO.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
how long is your delivery ?
today 5 hours exactly without lapsing
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
how long is your delivery ?
Cover a number of rurals, all at least 6 hours excluding travelling time... still rather do them than a walking or P&L duty even if they do get to finish an hour or more before their time some days.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
how long is your delivery ?
Today, 4 hours 35 mins. Yesterday, 4 hours.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
how long is your delivery ?
Too long.
No less than 6 hours beating the pavement. Fastest ever time was 4.50mins on a day with no parcels.
No less than 6 hours beating the pavement. Fastest ever time was 4.50mins on a day with no parcels.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
how long is your delivery ?
Two covering donkeys
Sorry I mean line managers once covered my duty after 3.5 hours they still cut off half the walk.
Sorry I mean line managers once covered my duty after 3.5 hours they still cut off half the walk.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
how long is your delivery ?
Aye" and you tell the doms of today and they won't believe you!?? Ha, I start half an hour before I go to bed and pay Lino to let me start early!! And eat a handful of hot gravel!!! You have to laughgreengiant wrote:I can see this thread ending up like the Monty Python four Yorkshire men sketch!
-
Edward Hunter
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30
how long is your delivery ?
I didnt know their was a limit to HCT deliveries. What is it TBT? Mine can easily take 5 hours +TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No - that was removed under the 2010 deal. Now "The delivery Span is an enabler"osgoody1970 wrote:wasn't the delivery span, meant to be no longer than 4.15 hours??? so why the discrepancy??meaning there is no longer a limit unless you are on a HCT or Pouch Only delivery.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
how long is your delivery ?
Using a HCT from leaving the office to returning is normally 4-4.30 hrs.
Today was nearer 5 hrs but of course due to the BH we all got hit with packets.
Today was nearer 5 hrs but of course due to the BH we all got hit with packets.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
psyCrowe
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 23 Feb 2016, 12:28
- Gender: Male
how long is your delivery ?
First to last letter is supposed to be 4.15 + 15mins travel.
Official loop times are way shorter than what they realistically take, so my walk can take 4.40+ , depending on the day, plus they dont factor in time loading bags etc.
I do though, so leave them a loop every day
Official loop times are way shorter than what they realistically take, so my walk can take 4.40+ , depending on the day, plus they dont factor in time loading bags etc.
I do though, so leave them a loop every day