ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Advise please! And please don t slate me !!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Gangham_style14
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
Gender: Male

Advise please! And please don t slate me !!!

Post by Gangham_style14 »

Totally fill for you bud, I was p/t 19hr contract, I worked 6 days a week to survive !! Had to no choice 19hrs does t go far in today's cost of living, I did this for a good 6 months straight after that I started to get fed up of having no rotation and being used and abused so I asked them about being put on a rotation contract which basically got shot down, so I said to them I can only work 5 days as I need 2 days of a week...... anyway for a good 2/3 weeks
Twat of line manager asked me can you do 6 days next week, me : no can only do 5, oh well don't worry then just come in for your 3 days, fine by me cuz I was doing s.a in the after noon making money up, they still phoned me on the days I was off asking me to come in, which annoyed me as I offered to 5 days ...... luckily for me I have left this office and moved to another when they first asked my availability I said I can do 6 days if I get rotation, if not it's 5, they gave me a rotational 32 hr contract, if I knew what I know now I wouldn't have been such a push over, a line manager came up to me at my new office and said you taking any overtime for me today
My reply was oh that optional overtime, nah .......
Stand your ground, they will need you more than you need them !!!!
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12201
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Advise please! And please don t slate me !!!

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Situations like this might be partly behind RM wanting new machines that can sequence flats and letters together, it eliminates most indoor time, so then generally the only differences between full time and part time will be the number of days worked
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Advise please! And please don t slate me !!!

Post by NewPostieUK »

Steve32ford wrote: My f/t buddy would be fully bagged and ready to go by the time I turned up!
That's not your problem. It happens to me every time my usual partner isn't in. They look at me stroll in on time like it's a crime. They watch me load the van and say right, are you ready NOW? No I say, I'm off for my break. I don't make the rules I say as the steam comes out their ears.
Steve32ford wrote: Went in today 15mins or so before my start time, full time colleague all bagged ready to go, rest of depot pretty much leaving! They were absorbing a walk
I would have suggested to manager that this colleague take the lapsing out while he was waiting for me, as I would be ready for an hour.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Advise please! And please don t slate me !!!

Post by cpsteve »

Have you sat down with the manager and informed him/her how you feel if so Inform your rep as this is not exceptable if not do so with your rep if you wish.