answer=42 wrote:Sorry,
Have these people tried to deliver mail with 7 stacked D2D items.
Nightmare. What happened to having them pre-prepared if we have that many?
I suspect it means.less profit,for Royal Mail, as customers who pay for them to be delivered must realise a huge percentage are thrown away without so much a second glance,(remember the god awful Sun newspaper drop,that nobody wanted) ,so if they are bundled with 6 others, and go straight in the recycling bin, the chances of stumbling across something of interest and a sale resulting , are even lower.
Just think, if we were paid by item as we used to be, how much 7 of them would be worth,wonder why that particular earnings stream was got rid of.
Yeah but when we get none we still get the money. Swings and roundabouts, I still think on my walk at least, I'm better off now than I was when we were paid per item. I am full time though and would probably feel aggrieved if I were getting pro rata.
Don't quite get how they are paying pro-rata for d2d's. Everyone preps and delivers the same amount regardless of working 20 or 39 hours.
because......................... they don't.
There is no allowance or supplement that pays posties for doing Door to Doors exclusively.
Further if you work 39 hours, and your contract is less, you are getting the extra delivery supplement in with the overtime rate.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
AceMark wrote:
Don't quite get how they are paying pro-rata for d2d's. Everyone preps and delivers the same amount regardless of working 20 or 39 hours.
You have 20 hr contracts prepping door to doors? That can't be right.
On my 30 hr duty, most of the prep is done for me. Prep includes door to doors.
I never touch them (other than to deliver them) unless specifically told to do so by management. When that happens, I set the over-running procedure into effect.
AceMark wrote:
Don't quite get how they are paying pro-rata for d2d's. Everyone preps and delivers the same amount regardless of working 20 or 39 hours.
You have 20 hr contracts prepping door to doors? That can't be right.
Entirely depends upon the weekly duty structure and what time they start on a given day.