19times wrote:On the subjest of cutting hours, can anyone answer me this.
My contract is 36hrs and has been for over 10yrs having been asked to by the then DOM.
I have just successfully applied for a new duty which was internally advertised but it states 33hrs, do I automatically lose 3hrs?
I was doing 3 hrs prep work to make my 36hrs a week.
Rep says yes, now back to 33hrs but bear in mind there are NO 36hr duties in my office so I am a bit confused here
Any help much appreciated.
Yes - you'll drop to 33 hours. If they moved you then it would stay at 36hours, but you have applied for a new duty that comeswith 33 hours so its a Voluntary reduction.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
19times wrote:On the subjest of cutting hours, can anyone answer me this.
My contract is 36hrs and has been for over 10yrs having been asked to by the then DOM.
I have just successfully applied for a new duty which was internally advertised but it states 33hrs, do I automatically lose 3hrs?
I was doing 3 hrs prep work to make my 36hrs a week.
Rep says yes, now back to 33hrs but bear in mind there are NO 36hr duties in my office so I am a bit confused here
Any help much appreciated.
Yes - you'll drop to 33 hours. If they moved you then it would stay at 36hours, but you have applied for a new duty that comeswith 33 hours so its a Voluntary reduction.
Thanks TrueBlueTerrier.
I emailed the area union Rep on this but he's obviously too busy to get back to us
I sort of imagined that but never mind, more to life than money
19times wrote:On the subjest of cutting hours, can anyone answer me this.
My contract is 36hrs and has been for over 10yrs having been asked to by the then DOM.
I have just successfully applied for a new duty which was internally advertised but it states 33hrs, do I automatically lose 3hrs?
I was doing 3 hrs prep work to make my 36hrs a week.
Rep says yes, now back to 33hrs but bear in mind there are NO 36hr duties in my office so I am a bit confused here
Any help much appreciated.
Yes - you'll drop to 33 hours. If they moved you then it would stay at 36hours, but you have applied for a new duty that comeswith 33 hours so its a Voluntary reduction.
Thanks TrueBlueTerrier.
I emailed the area union Rep on this but he's obviously too busy to get back to us
I sort of imagined that but never mind, more to life than money
Seams to show the inconsistency within RM. Happened many times within my DO, myself included. Work the new hours, keep being paid for the old hours.
19times wrote:On the subjest of cutting hours, can anyone answer me this.
My contract is 36hrs and has been for over 10yrs having been asked to by the then DOM.
I have just successfully applied for a new duty which was internally advertised but it states 33hrs, do I automatically lose 3hrs?
I was doing 3 hrs prep work to make my 36hrs a week.
Rep says yes, now back to 33hrs but bear in mind there are NO 36hr duties in my office so I am a bit confused here
Any help much appreciated.
Yes - you'll drop to 33 hours. If they moved you then it would stay at 36hours, but you have applied for a new duty that comeswith 33 hours so its a Voluntary reduction.
Thanks TrueBlueTerrier.
I emailed the area union Rep on this but he's obviously too busy to get back to us
I sort of imagined that but never mind, more to life than money
Seams to show the inconsistency within RM. Happened many times within my DO, myself included. Work the new hours, keep being paid for the old hours.
Well I'd make sure you bring it to their attention as you will have to pay back the overpaid money, that happened to me years back too when I was being payed fulltime wages somehow and didn't realise
Northblue82 wrote:It;s sad to see colleagues not sticking to together to get more hours for each other, far too many in this company are out to look after number one.
Manager said if we do our hours he would take away our wolly week off and put us on days off !!!!!
now nobody wants to stick together
All this "union rep's are rubbish" really p's me off. If you think they are rubbish then step up and YOU have a go. Reps are only as strong as the members they represent. Being a union rep does not make you a magician wherby you can fix everything. There are so many people in RM who expect to much and are unwilling to deal with issues themselves before crying to he rep.