ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

told to bring passport in.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

told to bring passport in.

Post by bustedflush »

teesdale wrote:It was about right to work in the uk. I think it is the law to provide evidence of identity for anyone getting a new job. You can bring in your passport or, a birth certificate and national insurance number letter from HM Revenue and Customs. After seeing the manager with a pile of passports in his ink and grease covered hands I applied for new birth certificate £7 and free NI letter which I handed in. As a postman he was a liar and a cheat and seeing some people not get their passports back for three days there was no way I was going to let this low life get his hands on a passport worth £72. I was stunned at the time that I had to prove I was British, never having heard about this before. As we get our country back again, identifying ourselves will probably become even more important.
And let's hope we get the nice proud Blue British Passport back again and get rid of that obnoxious muddy mauve E-USSR conforming dog-dirt we had foisted upon us by the Eurocraps in Brussels.