ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do you enjoy your job ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Northblue82
Posts: 26
Joined: 28 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

Do you enjoy your job ?

Post by Northblue82 »

Don't mind the job once I'm out of the office, but the same boring arguments from the same boring people day in day out is a bit tiresome.

Should take a leaf out of their book as the same people always have regs and lapsing taking off them.
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Do you enjoy your job ?

Post by postslippete »

Like most posties I enjoy the walking outdoors away from the office and delivering a service for my customers. But I dislike working indoors as everything seems to be target-orientatated right from the indoor work plans to the daily huddles.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Do you enjoy your job ?

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yep same hear,love my rural round and glad to be out the office with as much red tape and figure crunching and money saving as I can be bothered with!but I guess that's the same everywhere?its a gutty slog at times but on the whole I like it after 36 years,the manager is pretty spineless but under pressure from above no doubt,and the office has no union rep as it's a poison challace,no first aider,(yet another job they want done for nothing)still have your say is looming so things will no doubt get fixed????
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Do you enjoy your job ?

Post by datasaint »

I like the outdoor aspect working on your own, but some of the drama in the office is pretty entertaining too. :chuckle

Really I'd like to see RM do better, invest more in technology that works, and see us take on more business. How they went about losing Amazon was obvious to all when the parcels weren't going out for days, things like that are plain demotivating.