Have you been trained how to use them correctly? You shouldn't be struggling as they are quite easy to use once you get used to them.OMG who the hell came up with those things!!! I used to be a postie and used the push bikes or my own car, all good. I've been back as a postie for two and a half months in another area and was really enjoying it. I like the vans and p & l. I think I'm lucky with my office and all the people I've worked with so far but just started with the getting shifted around to different offices. Obviously the extra traveling time and expense is a PITA, as is not knowing where the hell I am or where I am going, but fair enough, I signed up for it.
I want to moan about the massive trollies. The walks in the office I got sent to all have HCTs, not vans. I did a useless job of loading it (but since I've never actually used one I think that's understandable) and the bags were all piling out of the top. I'm short and couldn't see where I was going over said stupid arrangement of bags. I couldn't hold it straight on sideways sloping pavements, it kept going onto the road. I couldn't get the front to stay locked (once having delivered enough mail to actually close it) so I daren't leave the thing anywhere, plus not knowing the walk I never knew when I would be looping back on myself to a parking spot so could rarely have left it anyway. Pushing it was sooooo slow and blooming hard work. I hurt my hands twice when the damn thing hit bumps in the pavement and they shot off the handle and slammed my knuckles into the back of the trolley. I ended up bringing loads back and I hadn't even took the whole walk out. I hate playing the whiney "I can't do it" card but tbh I felt so fed up and had to be home at a reasonable time for an evening engagement, I couldn't do much else.
Are there any alternatives in HCT offices? Does anyone still use their cars? Can you keep going back to the office with a LWT or would that just be seen as taking the piss? I am dreading having to use one again!![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
HCTs
-
Dom Coleone
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 Feb 2017, 16:23
- Gender: Male
HCTs
I don't care if they respect me as long as they fear me.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
HCTs
you should probably mention all your complaints here to the line manager, if its that bad maybe its a bad HCT or maybe you didnt load it properly. It seems from what youre saying its not fit for purpose for the duty youre using it for. The line manager will have to make alternative arrangements for how you can do this duty.