I don't personally feel pressured by Managers RB, there are however some Really Aggressive/Bullying Mangers in this Business.rubberbond wrote:Why do you have to give a reason? If you don't want to do it,just say ,politely, of course,no,thank you. Remember,your time outside of working hours is yours,not theirs. You do not need to explain,nor do you need to lie. If you want to do overtime, do so, if you don't ,don't.rubberbond wrote:Dorset Plodder wrote:If you're ever asked to do Overtime that you don't want (and feel pressured into doing it) just lie! Tell him you've got to pick the kids up or you've got an appointment.![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Being asked to go to another office
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Being asked to go to another office
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Kick the Bucket
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Being asked to go to another office
Legally without business insurance for you personal car you wouldn't be able to go to another delivery office yourself, even if it is your day off. The law doesn't change for days off, surely.yellowbelly wrote:Thought travelling/mileage etc. was different if it's to a different DO on your day off...steve1873 wrote:There's a surprise. You are entitled to be paid for the travelling time as it forms part of your duty, so like I say either do the travelling within contracted hours or claim overtime!
Take your full meal relief entitlement also! I can't stress that part highly enough (regardless of working out of home office or being sent elsewhere).
Can someone clarify - I thought if it was on your day off and you are working at a different office to your normal
DO you are not entitled to travelling time, it's just start to end of duty time and it's all O/T (as it's not part of your contracted hours)?
Didn't think RM had responsibility for getting you to the different office if it's your day off on O/T either?
Also would you be entitled to all the mileage from home to the different DO or just the mileage in excess of the distance from your home to normal DO on a 'normal' day?
If claiming time and mileage is possible when it's your day off at another office, I've missed out on a few beer chits on the rare occasions I've done it!!!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Being asked to go to another office
I believe this situation can become as complicated as you want it to be KTB. I believe your "Normal" Car insurance states something like "Traveling to and from a single place of work". I'm no Lawyer but I suppose you could argue that it is a single place of work, even though it may be a different place of work on one particular day? I could understand the problem if you were driving between 3 or 4 different locations in a day. 
In the past I've driven to other offices for a days work, and never had a problem. I've never known anyone else to have a problem either. I'm sure one of our fellow contributers will lay down the law for us... but then I expect they never ever park on a double yellow line either!
On the point of claiming Traveling Allowance and/or Traveling Time...... I've found that's open to negotiation. Depends how desperate they are to have you travel there. I was once told you can only claim one or the other but I believe that's Management BS!
I have successfully claimed both. 
In the past I've driven to other offices for a days work, and never had a problem. I've never known anyone else to have a problem either. I'm sure one of our fellow contributers will lay down the law for us... but then I expect they never ever park on a double yellow line either!
On the point of claiming Traveling Allowance and/or Traveling Time...... I've found that's open to negotiation. Depends how desperate they are to have you travel there. I was once told you can only claim one or the other but I believe that's Management BS!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Being asked to go to another office
[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Being asked to go to another office
Dorset Plodder wrote: "Normal" Car insurance states something like "Traveling to and from a single place of work".
In my experience, car insurance normally states. Travelling to your normal place of work - or other similar statements. He is a sampling:
Go Compare "Common business journeys that may not be covered by a private policy include: Driving to another office" http://www.gocompare.com/car-insurance/ ... -work-use/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Confused dot com: Social and commuting - This provides cover as above for social, domestic and pleasure use, as well as for driving back and forth to a permanent place of work. https://www.confused.com/motor-insuranc ... ses-of-use" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Money Supermarket You will probably need class 1 business use if you drive your car to multiple sites or offices, as well as your usual place of work. https://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-in ... ness-cars/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Admiral - Commuting is the next class up, and covers everything included in Social, Domestic and Pleasure, plus driving to and from a permanent place of work. http://www.admiral.com/car-insurance/ad ... ass-of-use" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Allianz - Covered = Everything under SDP and driving to one place of work and back. Not covered - Using your car for business or if you drive to different places for work. https://www.allianz.co.uk/car-insurance ... f-use.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CO-OP insurance - Driving to and from work isn’t the same as driving for work. Even if your boss just asks you to drive your car to another site during working hours, or to transport some equipment in your boot, your car insurance won’t cover you, unless you have Business Use included. http://www.co-opinsurance.co.uk/carinsu ... -insurance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think that's enough, but as can be seen you MUST check to see if your insurance covers you, you are legally responsible for doing so not RM. Even if you thing "single place of work" is enough to travel to another office make CERTAIN. Its your licence, car and wallet/purse that is at risk.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Being asked to go to another office
And worst case scenario your freedom at risk. God forbid you had a serious accident and found to be uninsured.
Don't ever take anyone's word for it and check with your insurer.
Don't ever take anyone's word for it and check with your insurer.