Spying on your own work colleagues for the managers. How low can you go??
If your DOM is unhappy that you are both working past your time due to their office budget then it is high time the manager came up to you both and asked you if you thought you were going over for the day and by roughly how much - so that they can take some loops/packets off you.
That should be the next way forward
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
DOM called me into office
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
DOM called me into office
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
DOM called me into office
Did I say I was to spy on him
read the original post
read the original post
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
DOM called me into office
"He asked me is he slow" I cannot see any manager asking that question as they see for themselves indoors on the permormance of getting out of the office. If he did ask that I would have stopped right there and said "its the work load or the loops are not right" You have played right into his hands..eastie wrote:The DOM called me into the office as he has noticed that I have been going over daily since I have been working with a floater .
He asked me why I have been getting back later and I told him that my partner for the past 2 weeks (aged about 63) was slower than me and uses a trolley which he is entitled to do.
He asked me is he slow and I said it was more a case of me being faster than him as younger and faster leg speed and I asked him what does he mean by slow.
He then asked me if I helped him deliver some of his loops if I finished mine 1st and I said I did after I had finished the large parcels, boxes and specials as me being the driver.
The DOM wants me to write down where I am helping my partner and to give it to him at the end of the week.
I said to the DOM that I did not want to dob onone of my work collegues and felt uncomfortable about it
The DOM said that he had also done this with his previous people he had worked with on other weeks.
Don't know what other posters think about this and should I involve the union?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
DOM called me into office
I agree. I didn't think they could discriminate on age, any more than colour or creed? After lifting the age for retirement I didn't think they could actually make you "Retire" if you didn't want to? Some of the Lazy Bastards in my Office could keep going for ever on their "Old Man's Duties" Ha Ha.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:![]()
![]()
If this guy is as canny as he appears to be, the older postie that is, then the manager may be hoisting his own petard. If the Manager does dismiss him for not being fast enough doing the job, hoping that he won't fight back because of the 2-year rule. Well, he might have a surprise as I believe age discrimination is automatically unfair and therefore doesn't have a 2-year limit.
I personally would refuse to report back, that is a coach's and a manager's job and is, in my opinion, not a reasonable request.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
DOM called me into office
What did the union steward say in your support when he was sat next to you?eastie wrote:The DOM called me into the office as he has noticed that I have been going over daily since I have been working with a floater .
He asked me why I have been getting back later and I told him that my partner for the past 2 weeks (aged about 63) was slower than me and uses a trolley which he is entitled to do.
He asked me is he slow and I said it was more a case of me being faster than him as younger and faster leg speed and I asked him what does he mean by slow.
He then asked me if I helped him deliver some of his loops if I finished mine 1st and I said I did after I had finished the large parcels, boxes and specials as me being the driver.
The DOM wants me to write down where I am helping my partner and to give it to him at the end of the week.
I said to the DOM that I did not want to dob onone of my work collegues and felt uncomfortable about it
The DOM said that he had also done this with his previous people he had worked with on other weeks.
Don't know what other posters think about this and should I involve the union?
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
DOM called me into office
Hes on annual leave
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
DOM called me into office
I get the feeling you're quite a nice chap hence the DOM taking advantage of you so my answer to your question is inform the union (area rep) who will then take control of the situation for you because the last thing you want is to be known as is a snitch because you will get NO support from the DOM at all he will hang you out to dry.eastie wrote:Hes on annual leave
Also inform your colleague and fellow work colleagues as your DOM is not supporting Dignity Respect and Fairness.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
DOM called me into office
Tell him that you do not believe that this is a reasonable request, but that you will comply when given the instruction in writing, signed by both himself (DOM) and your local rep (area rep if no local rep).
Secondly, on the issue of overtime - if he/ she is not happy about the amount of overtime being claimed, then you have a simple solution to that - you will now not claim any overtime and as a result will be unable to complete your delivery.
Secondly, on the issue of overtime - if he/ she is not happy about the amount of overtime being claimed, then you have a simple solution to that - you will now not claim any overtime and as a result will be unable to complete your delivery.
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
DOM called me into office
The DOM asked you to report on your opinion of the performance of a fellow worker. How is that not spying?eastie wrote:Did I say I was to spy on him
read the original post
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!