ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Posties not using trolleys
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Posties not using trolleys
i think the problem with the trolleys, is that, the delivery will take much longer, we told management that, at the time, but they said it would not make a difference(go figure) so people want to finish on time, will use the quickest method, is there anyone out there using a trolley, that can finish in their allotted time, because if there are,,, must be a peach of a walk!!!!
-
Zicomurphy
- Posts: 579
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
- Gender: Male
Posties not using trolleys
woody38 wrote: has anybody else found that the planner are also a problem as well.
We're on our 3rd full revision since park and loop come in, no merging of offices or large increase in delivery points because of new builds, just down to the fact the first 2 were done so badly by the planners.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Posties not using trolleys
Constantly highlight this by using the overrunning delivery procedure and insist on the walk being tested.osgoody1970 wrote:i think the problem with the trolleys, is that, the delivery will take much longer, we told management that, at the time, but they said it would not make a difference(go figure) so people want to finish on time, will use the quickest method, is there anyone out there using a trolley, that can finish in their allotted time, because if there are,,, must be a peach of a walk!!!!
Making it work by not using the equipment solves nothing long term, other than give management an indication thst the workload is manageable, when quite clearly, if using the correct methods, it is not.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Posties not using trolleys
Have an accident carrying a bag and you'll soon find out how mandatory it is.No it's not mandatory
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Kellsidc
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 13:33
- Gender: Female
Posties not using trolleys
Everyone had their own ways of doing things and totally respect that.
I don't have van access for a lot of my duty, so I use a LWT for 2 loops. The first loop I use it, I physically cannot carry all the packets and mail when we quite often have 8+ large bundles of mail, plus a lot of large packets. Its quicker for me to take it all at once, instead of waiting for someone to drop it to me, that way I'm not slowing up anyone else. I don't feel it makes a huge difference to time, especially on my other loop i use it. I have lots of steep driveways, much quicker and safer for my back to leave the trolley at the top (in view of course) than lugg a huge heavy bag(s) up with me.
I don't have van access for a lot of my duty, so I use a LWT for 2 loops. The first loop I use it, I physically cannot carry all the packets and mail when we quite often have 8+ large bundles of mail, plus a lot of large packets. Its quicker for me to take it all at once, instead of waiting for someone to drop it to me, that way I'm not slowing up anyone else. I don't feel it makes a huge difference to time, especially on my other loop i use it. I have lots of steep driveways, much quicker and safer for my back to leave the trolley at the top (in view of course) than lugg a huge heavy bag(s) up with me.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Posties not using trolleys
PHARRY wrote: No it's not mandatory

I don't think he likes the site anymore. It started so well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Posties not using trolleys
Not bullying people is mandatory,so is not forcing people to go over their time,and weekly resource meetings etc,etc.
I could go on, but you get the point.
Royal Mail cherry picks the bits it wants out of BT 2010,then ignores the bits it doesn't like,or that don't suit,so I hardly think that is a standard setter.
I could go on, but you get the point.
Royal Mail cherry picks the bits it wants out of BT 2010,then ignores the bits it doesn't like,or that don't suit,so I hardly think that is a standard setter.
Last edited by rubberbond on 17 Jan 2017, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Posties not using trolleys
The problem with the LWT is, like a lot of RMs hair brained schemes, not a one size fits all solution! It will work on some duties but not others! Each walk should be assessed on an individual basis at the planning stage! Getting decent planners to start with would be a good idea!!
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Posties not using trolleys
Not sure that I heard this right but I do sort of remember our health and safety guy mention (from a meeting) that they do in a way turn a blind eye to this. If they completely clamped down on using trollies then mail would be left most days. It's a fact a trolly does slow you down,maybe 3 minutes per loop but add that up over 8 bags and that is 24 minutes over the duty which is nearly one bag of mail. If everyone used a trolly and the correct methods they would employ more staff but the runners that come back an hour early suggest to the manager that their walk is too small.
-
Sawfeet
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
- Gender: Male
Posties not using trolleys
I don't like to leave the HCT to much, as most have a chain lock but no key for lock
I must get round to buy my own lock.
As still new i've been told I need speed up "We got Posties in here can do that walk in x number hours" Bet they not going door to door with HCT
Most in office bag from HCT I did watch one bloke try pick some tips get me faster, he jogs with bag and bungle in arm does one side of road then runs back to HCT get other side road!
I don't like to but have to load bag up from HCT just to try and claw some time back!
Have been told all the walk and timed pushing HCT should be completed with four hours.
As still new i've been told I need speed up "We got Posties in here can do that walk in x number hours" Bet they not going door to door with HCT
Most in office bag from HCT I did watch one bloke try pick some tips get me faster, he jogs with bag and bungle in arm does one side of road then runs back to HCT get other side road!
I don't like to but have to load bag up from HCT just to try and claw some time back!
Have been told all the walk and timed pushing HCT should be completed with four hours.
Last edited by Sawfeet on 17 Jan 2017, 18:22, edited 2 times in total.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Posties not using trolleys
I feel sorry for the trolleys…they are always getting pushed around
Personally, I use the trolleys as and when it suits me. If I've got either a heavy bag or a bag full of packets then a trolley is the most sensible option. But if I've got flats and/or the bags are not too heavy then I carry the bag, just like we used to.
Personally, I use the trolleys as and when it suits me. If I've got either a heavy bag or a bag full of packets then a trolley is the most sensible option. But if I've got flats and/or the bags are not too heavy then I carry the bag, just like we used to.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
bandit1157
- Posts: 246
- Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
- Gender: Male
- Location: sh1t street
Posties not using trolleys
I use a HCT all the way [it's now done more miles than the Starship Enterprise] Despite repeated requests to have the walk tested the answer I get is Geo-route says yes.
Result I do not lapse and haven't done overtime in over 18 months and the manager is out delivering my excess mail nearly every day. Why start early for free, go without a break, rush round with heavy bags cutting every corner when the manager will do it for me. I'm P/T and was told no more hours on this job, they have never been more right, They don't get a minute out of me.
Don't make the job work at your expense.
Result I do not lapse and haven't done overtime in over 18 months and the manager is out delivering my excess mail nearly every day. Why start early for free, go without a break, rush round with heavy bags cutting every corner when the manager will do it for me. I'm P/T and was told no more hours on this job, they have never been more right, They don't get a minute out of me.
Don't make the job work at your expense.
It's life Jim but not as we know it
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Posties not using trolleys
Excellent. And does your manager use a trolley to deliver your excess mail nearly every day? Mine does 
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
bandit1157
- Posts: 246
- Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
- Gender: Male
- Location: sh1t street
Posties not using trolleys
No he uses his car. I do my job to the letter, can't be b"llocked for that. I have no need to go on an internet forum to lie and am too old for silly games.postslippete wrote:Excellent. And does your manager use a trolley to deliver your excess mail nearly every day? Mine does
It's life Jim but not as we know it
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Posties not using trolleys
Pharry
It IS mandatory if the revision method stated a HCT was to be used.
Don't be fooled, or act the fool stating such trash!
It IS mandatory if the revision method stated a HCT was to be used.
Don't be fooled, or act the fool stating such trash!