ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transfer enquiry

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
toofpick
Posts: 26
Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 14:13
Gender: Male

Transfer enquiry

Post by toofpick »

I've been told that all part time staff have to be offered full time contracts before anyone can come in. I've given up trying now, after months of going from management to union. I even turned up at a local Mail centre. If it's only part time your after then it seems to be a lot easier.
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

Transfer enquiry

Post by lightningpostman »

Dayman! wrote:Does your current manager need to agree to a transfer or is it a done deal if another office are happy to have you?
bypass the manager totally and apply online the vac should be advertised and you will bypass all the internal BS