ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Taking Specials on a HCT round

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Taking Specials on a HCT round

Post by Barbel »

yellowbelly wrote:
Barbel wrote:Thanks for your replies. We don't have a manager in our office as we're a little rural office and we don't even sign for our Specials. When I asked the chap to take them he suggested I did the round back to front which wouldn't have made a difference because then other Specials at the beginning of the round would have failed also. In the end I just didn't scan any of them because I knew I wouldn't get there in and got the customer to sign a P379 instead.
Am confused - why are you getting them to sign a 739 and not a P4550 card/sheet?
Because would you believe, we don't have any in our office! Honestly nobody gives a shite unless you make a boo boo.
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

Taking Specials on a HCT round

Post by Pompey Boy »

Barbel wrote:Thanks for your replies. We don't have a manager in our office as we're a little rural office and we don't even sign for our Specials.
So much for a secure service then!
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
Donnygav93
Posts: 12
Joined: 12 Dec 2014, 15:41
Gender: Male

Taking Specials on a HCT round

Post by Donnygav93 »

In my office we don't take specials although when I've been in smaller offices I have taken them if they were on the first two rows (time dependant)
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Taking Specials on a HCT round

Post by cpsteve »

Barbel wrote:To those of you who do trolley rounds do you always take Specials and if so when you know you won't get to an address by 1pm do you give it to a driver? Today I had 3 specials I knew I wouldn't get to because it's so busy but the van driver refused to take them so they failed. When I worked in a different office trolley rounds didn't take any Specials or tracked items. Just wondering what you do in your office regarding Specials and HCT rounds.
What other company would allow an employee to refuse to do their job. HCTs are not secure enough for the high value SD items IMO.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Taking Specials on a HCT round

Post by robbertwhitton »

You simply couldn't make any of this up could you?? Still not having the planning and resources to deliver the Mail ,it's laughable what goes on isn't it!! Over to you Moyà!! Sort it
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Taking Specials on a HCT round

Post by Chewster »

I have failed LOADS of specials on my HCT round. I have told the manager that cutting off isn't an option unless he wants me to be out there till after 5, he doesn't seem fussed.